CACI has an excellent opportunity for an experienced, self-directed TS/SCI cleared TACLAN Systems Administrator. This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization in Birmingham, AL.
- Primary responsibility will be to perform design, installation, administration, troubleshooting, and support of LAN operating systems, servers, and applications.
- Serves as Tier II and Tier III support for customer and may be required to be on-call for off-duty hours.
- Respond and record support provided through approved trouble ticketing tools.
- Develop risk management and mitigation strategies.
- Coordinate and communicate with the TACLAN program office for staying current on all supported products and reporting feedback.
- Ensure compliance with QA standards.
- Will also occasionally work with the desktop support team to assist in their taskings, as determined by the Site Director.
- Install, operate, and maintain assigned TACLAN equipment (to include assisting the customer with Mission Planning Kits and Field Computing Devices).
- Deploy, maintain and upgrade Windows-based servers and applications including Active Directory, File and Print Services, Microsoft SQL, MS SCCM, Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager, and DHCP, MS Exchange, and McAfee HBSS.
- Provides senior level administration of Windows based network systems including, but not limited to, support for Windows 2003 and 2008 servers and Windows 7 workstations.
- Tracks support requests through the ISD Remedy system while keeping an inventory database updated with current network devices.
- Updates, repairs and documents work for servers and workstations; coordinates warranty work for same.
- Perform preventative maintenance on assigned TACLAN equipment, and on-site analysis and repair of software and hardware problems found by the customer.
- Provide recommendations for and implement backup and system restoration policies.
- Perform on-site software assistance in the form of installation of updates, new baselines, and information assurance/virus protection tools and patches for all network and client hardware/software.
- Provide -œdesk-side- user support in response to TACLAN helpdesk calls by the user. Support consists of isolating faults and identifying & replacing faulty parts with on-site spares to return the TACLAN systems to service.
- Inspect and maintain the hardware configuration of all TACLAN equipment in accordance with the TACLAN Program Office approved configuration specifications.
- Assist users with questions with hardware and software problems.
- Supports Audio Visual & Video Teleconferencing (AV/VTC), and Desktop Support as the need arises and as directed.
- Be responsible for providing operational training on established TACLAN systems to government personnel who are assigned to maintain and operate the TACLAN systems in deployed scenarios. Training will be at the basic operational level and may include preventative maintenance and troubleshooting as needed. This training will supplement New Equipment Training courses provided by the TACLAN Program Office.
- Be prepared to deploy on exercises and/or real-world deployments as needed to provide user support to the TACLAN equipment. When deployed, personnel will maintain all equipment, tools, diagnostic software and ensure operational software is current.
- Be physically able to lift 80 pounds, stoop, bend and work under benches, in tight places and in all-weather surroundings.
- Be in proper physical condition to be deployable in any climate, any location that may be requested by the customer.
- Security+ CE (current and enrolled in CE)
- Certification Desired: MCSA (Server 2012) (will have to be completed by July 2017) Desired
- A+, VCP, ITIL v3, SCCM Administrator
- 4 years of experience in engineering, development, and administration of LAN operating systems, servers, and
- applications. Demonstrated skills in effective troubleshooting and problem resolution with minimal assistance.
- BS Degree