The position is a mid-level Contract Specialist position to provide assistance for contracting and acquisition support tasks for projects for a Federal Government agency in Washington, D.C.
Requires experience providing demonstrated Federal Government acquisition support to Government program managers or contracting officers. Individual must be fluent with all acquisition life-cycle activities (cradle-to-grave). Delivers acquisition planning and acquisition counsel as well as develop acquisition pre-award documentation, e.g., Statement of Works, Statement of Objectives, Performance Work Statements, Quality Assurance Surveillance Plans, Acquisitions Plans, Independent Government Cost Estimates, Source Selection Plans, and Market Research Reports. Individual will elicit requirements from Government program managers via interviews, focus-groups, and document analysis and develop thorough, compliant, and actionable acquisition (procurement) packages. Individual has working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation and excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Provides contract specialist, procurement support, and acquisition assistance for various projects. Services are intended for organizational support for both pre-award and post-award acquisition services.
Provide contractor-provided services to review and advise on the content of requisitions and supporting documentation; draft solicitation and contract documentation; support contract administration activities; and assemble and maintain complete contract file documentation for the range of goods and services required by the customer.
Assist in the filing of contract documents, award documents, memoranda, and supporting documentation.
Conduct activities that may include:
- Assisting in the preparation and filing of contract documents, award documents, memoranda, and supporting documentation.
- Performing market research and data analysis to assist Government personnel with acquisition strategies or program management alternatives
- Preparing analysis to support the documentation for source selections to include support for Past Performance
Assessment and Proposal Pricing Reviews
- Entering proposal data into automated source selection systems
- Preparing documentation and analysis to support cost, schedule and technical analysis of contractor performance on a wide variety of projects encompassing services, supplies, research and development and major integrated projects
- Independently researching government directives and policies as well as applicable statutes to research issues in areas of responsibility
- Compiling information and performs assessments
- Participating in and supports meetings and program reviews
- Performing outreach and liaison responsibilities
- Preparing drafts of written materials
- Analyzing and making recommendations on automated system features
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and five to seven years of related (government acquisition) experience; however, the minimum requirement of this positions are as follows:
Requires bachelor's degree or equivalent in Business Administration or a related business discipline, and five (5) years of related (Federal Government acquisition) experience.
Qualifications include five (5) or more years of Federal experience in Federal Government (civilian agency) or Department of Defense (DoD) Acquisition environment. Individual may a Master's Degree for part of the required experience.
Individual must be able to pass a Federal background investigation.
Work will be located within the customer's facilities unless otherwise approved by the Contracting Officer. Business attire is required to present a professional appearance appropriate for the environment.
DAWIA or FAC-C Level II certification is desired.
Experience using electronic acquisition software is highly desired.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.
This position is in support of future opportunities. We are reviewing resumes now, however, and as we get closer to filling this position, we will be contacting qualified candidates