This individual will provide senior technical support to the overall Ship Self Defense System (SSDS) Combat System (CS) effort, primarily supporting the SSDS Fleet Readiness Major Program Manager (MPM) (PEO IWS 10F) in the execution of the following priorities/responsibilities:
- Performs as the Fleet Liaison for fielding and sustaining the Ship Self-Defense System (SSDS) Combat System Capability for in-service and new construction aircraft carriers and amphibious assault ships.
- Coordinates with Combat System Participating Acquisition Resource Managers (PARM), OPNAV Resource Sponsors, Tech Warrant Holders (TWH), Ship Acquisition Program Managers, ship design managers, and technical authority managers as required.
- Plans, coordinates, and creates budget development for the modernization of shipboard combat system war-fighting capability and interoperability improvements to include systems of systems of systems integration, combat system certification, shipboard installation, and Developmental and Operational testing.
- Provides technical and operational review of technical/programmatic risk assessments, and associated mitigation plans.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, and 10 to 12 years of related (project support or management) experience. This experience must include:
- Working knowledge of the SSDS MK 2 Combat System.
- Strong MSOffice skills (including MSProject).
- Acquisition experience w/working knowledge of DoD 5000.
- Working knowledge of the following: PPBE process, CS software/hardware, COTS/GOTS landscape, weapons systems and sensors (radar/EW), Power & Energy, interface management, system/system of systems architecture, and C5I.
- Business and technical strategy knowledge/experience, to include Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR), Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR), and Earned Value Management (EVM).
- Ability to communicate at senior/executive/Flag levels, to large audiences, and to highly technical audiences.
- Ability to conduct strategic and critical analysis, and work well with many people at multiple organizational levels.
- Ability to abstract understandable and strategic frameworks in a dynamic and complex environment.
- Skilled at planning complex projects and monitoring status to plan.
- Established technical leader with acquisition experience. Retired Naval Surface Warfare Officer with CS/Operations experience preferred.
- Must have a current Secret clearance.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.