CACI is seeking a Sr Network Engineer to support the DOD CIO within the Pentagon. The candidate shall support technical review of DOD initiatives in network architecture, with specific focus on Cyber Defenses and information protection. This technical master will also support policy formulation among senior DOD stakeholders. Candidate will maintain a complex range of computer network components and systems.
- Candidate will identify, assess, and develop detailed requirements from the customer for upgrading networks as well as re-architecting network segments in order to facilitate new requirements, technologies and growth.
- He/she will provide client consulting and training on the use of the network capabilities.
- Candidate will assist in planning and leading computer network initiatives.
- He/she will research, evaluate, and recommend new computer network equipment and technologies as well as providing technical solutions that can be used to create compliance policies/memos.
- Solutions for remote and local security devices to include but not limited to HBSS, Firewalls, and Logging Solution's.
- Working knowledge of network architecture frameworks in the following areas: SONET, BSLR, Optical MPLS, and OSP-F.
- Network disciplines in the SDH/DWDM/OTN and OSI stack environments.
- He/she will act as the Enterprise Manager and its functionality.
- Candidate will oversee the management of VPN Gateways for deploying remote users.
- Candidate will utilize data at hand to make expert decisions and recommendations on how to resolve, improve, or prevent security device outages/problems/issues.
- HBSS and DISA-sponsored configuration management.
- Ability to offer technical assessment of new security devices and their implementations
Candidate must have an active TS clearance and ability to obtain SCI access upon hire.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent and 12 to 15 years of relevant experience are required.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.