Provides expertise and direction in the development or modification of complex software programs to enhance an operating system. Provides functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of hardware and software operating systems for the organization's products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies system requirements for operations and security, and work with other engineers and staff to develop designs and integrate components.
- Performs system designs, developments and product verification testing on power, control systems, software, hardware, and equipment.
- Develops the operations, management, integration & security requirements.
- Develops and documents system architecture, including relevant user cases.
- Develops security procedures for design reviews, and for operational monitoring, recording, and responding to security events.
- Develops the client/company operations & system integration plan including end-to-end scenarios including schedules and budgets.
- Develops verification plans based on requirements and architecture documents.
- Defines operations, security and integration tool requirements to allow users to evaluate and analyze their network resources for performance and scalability in test-bed and modeled environments. Provides technical direction and oversees integration and prototype development efforts.
- Develops models for future architectural enhancements to system hardware.
- Provides technical leadership in operations, security, and integration for the client network.
- Leads technical tests, deployments and support projects.
- Manages installation, maintenance and support of complex technical infrastructures, hardware, and system software components.
- Manages and tunes platforms to ensure expected availability and performance levels are achieved. Responsible for the instructing, assigning, and overseeing the performance of less experienced software systems engineers.
- Coordinates the activities of the software engineering department with other sections of the corporation's information systems operation.
- Provides team leadership to less experienced systems engineers.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
A Bachelor's of Science (BS) degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline; or eight (8) years of demonstrated subject matter expertise in the discipline of logistics functions and applications, including the qualifications below; or US Naval operational experience at the E7 level or higher.
In addition, ten (10) years professional or operational experience in developing logistics support requirements and applicable documentation for a major DOD weapon systems program that employs the use of GOTS and COTS products. This includes five (5) years of concurrent experience in logistics management concepts, policies, systems, and practices in order to provide extensive analysis of current and future logistics infrastructure. Ability to develop logistic support requirements, identify and establish linkage between functions and tasks common to multiple organizational missions. Professional or operational experience in developing logistics support requirements and applicable documentation.
Six (6) years of concurrent experience, demonstrated for current Navy programs such as Tomahawk, in performing logistics management functions involving the development of training products, sparing allocation, and embedded help/training for a major weapon control system.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.