Under general direction, performs safety checks, maintains, services, modifies, troubleshoots and calibrates a variety of diagnostic and therapeutic biomedical equipment.
- Provides acquisition strategies for new equipment purchases.
- Utilizes standard and specialized electronics test equipment and tools to perform calibration, maintenance, and repairs of medical equipment.
- Read and interpret electrical schematics in order to troubleshoot and repair equipment to component level.
- Research and order replacement/repair parts for various equipment items.
- Works with computer software programs for interfacing and calibrating various medical equipment.
- Using defense medical logistics standard support software, creates and completes work orders, manages medical equipment inventory, and inputs quality assurance data.
- Maintains technical literature library and test equipment inventory ensures resources are up to date and accurate at all times.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Must have graduated from a DoD Biomedical Maintenance Course or an accredited civilian Biomedical Maintenance Course
- Related work experience
- Experience in using and running transactions in the DMLSS system preferred but not required
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.
US-Scott Air Force Base-IL-ST LOUIS