The SAS Engineer shall provide analytical support to the Joint Improvised-Threat Organization (JIDO) J-9 Division, which may include: providing large-scale advanced analytics support; collecting, parsing, transforming, and integrating relevant data in support of projects, and; providing operational, systems, and intelligence analysis to support the mission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
-Support team members by providing data for support to strategic and operational Requests for Support (RFSs), that may be used to: assist decision makers with risk assessments, prioritization, and/or to provide leadership with quantitative organizational assessments to support functional evaluations.
-Develop, document, implement, and automate SAS ETL (extract transform load) processes that most efficiently import structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data from new and/or dynamic data sources, ensuring data validity, reliability, and availability to users.
-Collaborate with team members to ensure retrieval of information pertinent to current work and timely dissemination of J-9's products.
-Utilize SAS/STAT® and SAS/OR® to perform network analysis, cluster analysis, sentiment analysis, and other statistical modeling that seeks to better describe and predict IED-related events.
-Utilize SAS® ODS (including PROC REPORT, PROC GCHART, PROC GREPLAY, PROC GMAP, and PROC TEMPLATE) to create and automate finished products that demonstrate analytical trends.
-Utilize SAS® BI to develop Business Intelligence processes that improve readability of and access to data, through the creation of stored processes, OLAP cubes, stoplight reporting, and data and metadata dashboards.
- The SAS® Engineer must meet one of the following degree-plus-experience criteria: Master's in a technical discipline plus five (5) years of experience; or Bachelor's in a technical field plus seven (7) years of experience.
Preferred degree to be in Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Science, Economics, Management Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Statistics.
- Candidate must possess SAS Certified BASE Programmer
- Candidate is required to achieve the SAS Certified ADVANCED Programmer certificate within four months of hire.
- The SAS® Engineer shall have significant coding experience in SAS® (including Base, SQL, and macro).
- Possess the ability to create complex programs in SAS® that ingest, parse, clean, transform, and analyze large (millions of records) datasets; to apply mathematical and statistical models to real-world data, and; to deliver analytical results through written and oral presentations.
- The SAS® Engineer shall preferably have obtained the SAS® CERTIFIED ADVANCED PROGRAMMER certificate prior to employment.
- Prior experience utilizing ETL software (e.g., PowerCenter, Pentaho, PLSQL), Business Intelligence software (e.g., SAS® BI, Oracle BI, Cognos, Business Objects), or Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) software (e.g., ESRI ArcGIS® suite) is preferred. Prior experience as an all-source intelligence analyst or ORSA is also preferred
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.