A mid-level Oracle 11g DBA responsible for database creation, maintenance, monitoring, and performance tune up tasks for multiple large transactional databases.
1. Create logical database design, database model, and physical database for enterprise applications.
2. Creating new databases, database objects, tablespaces etc. from command line and/or using OEM.
3. Estimating database size based on current and projected growth requirements.
4. Creating database backup and recovery plans.
5. Performing database startup, shutdown, back-up, and recovery.
6. Writing scripts to monitor and generate alerts on usage of tablespaces, and validity of objects.
7. Monitoring growth of tablespaces, adding and removing datafiles.
8. Analyzing queries for performance and performing query database tune up to meet performance objectives.
9. Managing schemas, users, roles and permissions at database and object level.
10. Documenting and applying STIGS, CPU and Oracle DBMS patches.
11. Implementing and monitoring database administration best practices.
12. Creating and maintaining database documentation and related project deliverables.
13. Performing export and import of individual tables, schemas, or full database refresh as required.
14. Working collaboratively by assisting and coaching team members.
Desired Experience and qualification:
1. 3-4 years of experience in working on Oracle on Linux
2. Database Administrator (DBA) experience in Oracle 11g or above
3. Familiarity with various DoD agencies such as Army, DISA, 2RCC etc.
4. Experience with CAC, LDAP, ADFS, EAMS authentication methods.
5. Experience with upgrading from 11g to 12c.
6. Oracle 11g or 12c Certified Administrator certification preferred but not required.
0. Bachelor's degree or equivalent with 7 to 9 years of relevant experience.
1. CompTia Security+ certification.
2. Current Secret security clearance.