CACI is seeking candidates for openings in support of a contract to the US Navy for the Navy Maritime Maintenance Enterprise Solution (NMMES) sustainment and modernization effort will include analysis, web and database development, server and system administration, as well as training and support. NMMES provides IT software and services critical to the US Naval shipyards, Intermediate Maintenance Facilities, Regional Maintenance Centers, and Ship Repair facilities. The contract will include all personnel and managed services needed to satisfy the worldwide development, deployment, operation, maintenance, and sustainment requirements for an organization critical to the success of the Navy and its important mission.
The Database Administrators will be a part of a team that primarily supports Oracle relational databases and data warehouses in a Unix environment. This individual will be responsible for all aspects of database installation, configuration, and maintenance in production and/or development environments. Under general direction, implements, monitors, and reorganizes databases, codes, tests, implements, and maintains database architectures. Installs and configures Oracle software, patches, and updates for client and server installations. Configures, operates, and verifies backup software and systems. Prepares system documentation and reviews system documentation composed by development teams. Performs modifications to and maintenance of operational programs and procedures. Assists users in the operation of the application.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates and responds to IAVA Certs and Bulletins. Applies best practices for tuning for overall system performance. Monitors system performance, makes recommendations as applicable, including hardware, software, and SQL tuning. Assists in writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary. Controls access permissions and privileges. Evaluates data, system, and configuration relates issues impacting applications Implements custom software releases. Supports databases used by commercial software implementations of SAP Business Objects and UC4 AppWorx.
- A computing environment certification such as Oracle Database Certified Associate or higher
- Experience working in Windows and Unix/Linux environments.
- Strong analytical skills to be used to solve complex issues with limited guidance.
- Strong SQL scripting skills to be used in conjunction with standards and procedures.
- Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II certification specified in DoD 8570.01-M
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- A favorably adjudicated SSBI or SSBI-PR updated within the past 5 years with eligibility for a top-secret DoD security clearance
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, and zero to two years of related database experience
- Experience with Oracle databases
- A firm understanding of the overall architecture required to support common schema based objects used to store data and implement business logic
- Familiar with DoD Information Assurance (IA) requirements and practices
- Strong SQL scripting skills to be used in conjunction with standards and procedures
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.