The network engineer will be responsible for assisting the senior network engineer in ensuring the stable operation and efficient performance of data networks; monitoring and managing all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches and encryptors; analyzing network performance across the organization's LANs and WANs; and identifying and developing remedies for network performance bottlenecks. Experience with Juniper network solutions preferred. The network engineer will have a solid working knowledge of network security measures, experience with network management and analysis tools such as Solar Winds. Appropriate Juniper or Cisco network certifications are a plus.
· Provide network performance statistics and reports.
· Install and configure all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches and encryptors.
· Inspect, maintain and where necessary replace network cabling and other network-related equipment.
· Administer hardware and software upgrades for network equipment.
· Perform network design and capacity planning.
· Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use and disaster recovery.
· Perform network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
· Administer and maintain user accounts, permissions and access rights.
· Recommend, schedule and perform network improvements, upgrades and repairs.
· Interact with vendors, outsourcers and contractors to secure network products and services.
· Troubleshoot and resolve network outages in a time sensitive environment.
· Create and maintain network documentation/maps. Experience with network mapping software is a plus.
· Configure, maintain, and troubleshoot enterprise-wide VPN tunnels and Dynamic Routing Protocols.
· Any Juniper specific experience is a plus.
Must have current Secret security clearance.
Juniper or Cisco experience required, preferably both.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and two to four years of related experience.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.