Constructs the overall system architecture of technical solutions, to include external and internal interface analysis, internal interface definition, and functional requirement allocations.
CACI is seeking someone to review, recommend and document government systems from an enterprise solution perspective. Position requires the ability to provide technical architectural artifacts and supporting documentation in both Enterprise and Data designs for customer-based business requirements and priorities in accordance with standard development practices. This position is located in Chesapeake, Virginia and requires an active Secret level government clearance.
Performs disciplined systems architectures as it relates to technical solutions.
Establishes system architectural design and functional requirements for technical solutiosn, to include external and internal interface analysis, definition and requirement allocation.
Works with cutting edge technologies and innovative equipment to design, develop, analyze, and execute technical solutions in support of customer architectural and engineering development and requirements, and evaluation and analysis of current and future technology.
Identifies discrepancies between the enterprise technical architecture and systems designs proposed by project teams, and assist project teams in resolving the discrepancies.
Builds and uses analysis models and techniques to support the evaluation of current and proposed future architectures.
Identifies architectural and technology risks with the potential to impact customer or company plans; develops goals and plans to mitigate risks.
Defines IT architecture issues and allocates requirements. Identifies hardware and software architectural needs and solutions.
Designs protocols applicable to assigned projects and system needs.
Designs real-time software applications on selected platforms.
Establishes project development practices to achieve reliable results.
May act as an advisor to IS system engineers and proposes changes to the enterprise technical architecture based on analysis of requirements and new technology.
Works closely with systems users to provide guidance in the identification and resolution of user problems and concerns.
Adheres to configuration management and documentation practices.
- Serve as an Enterprise/Data Architect for a government team.
- Experience with Data Modeling, Data Migration techniques, Relational Database designs to include Data Marts and Data Warehouse schemas.
- Experience with Enterprise designs to include development and modeling of architectural structures in DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF) views.
- Provide support to the technical teams by development or review of technical documents associated with the enterprise architecture.
- Partner with government members and other stakeholders as a SME for all areas of technical design, development and solution deployment.
- Perform impact and decision analysis efforts of potential solutions, define work packages for project scope, identify development deliverables, tasks and report progress.
- Serve as a technical SME in support of monitoring and control activities related to software development, QA, training and production support teams.
- A Secret clearance is required.
- Typically requires bachelor's degree in Information Technology or computer science and five plus years of related information architecture experience. Knowledge of applications such as Oracle Enterprise Business Suite, data warehouses, and integration of custom software solutions into these environments.
- Familiarity with DoD financial systems including DFAS, WAWF and DCPDS. Experience working with MS SharePoint, Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect, MS Visio and other modeling tools.
- Experience presenting, explaining, and defending solution designs to team members and business owners.
- Strong conceptual and strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent group facilitation skills.
Education & Experience:
Typically requires a bachelor's degree in Information Technology, or Computer Science combined with 5+ years of related information architecture experience. Active Secret Clearance.
Company Description: CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. Join CACI, where you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. A Fortune magazine World's Most Admired Company in the IT Services industry, CACI is a member of the Fortune 1000 Largest Companies, the Russell 2000 Index, and the S&P SmallCap600 Index. CACI provides dynamic careers for over 20,000 employees worldwide.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.