The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting end to end computer processing systems, integrating new systems, and participating in general facilities maintenance activities on site. Additionally, the candidate will provide design and implementation of new capabilities to monitor, maintain, and support the mission. As part of the team, the Senior System Administrator may be required to learn and occasionally contribute on a variety of tasks outside of the system administration activities such as inventory, licensing, shipping and handling, and other administrative tasks.
- Provide expertise with Linux maintenance support for multiple production systems
- Own and Lead the install new and rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, switches, services, settings, directories, storage, etc.
- Lead high level security monitoring/system scans to facilitate system hardening
- Utilize expertise in performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required
- May have ownership of over 50 workstations and 400 servers (mix of bare metal and VMs) at 2 factories.
- Will coach/mentor/ and guide lower level employees as needed
- Will solve problems are difficult/complex
- Manage project of varying scale
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and seven to nine years of related experience.
- Expertise maintaining the integrity and security of servers and systems
- Ability to make and justify recommendations for hardware and software purchases
- Experience with systems analysis and development
- Experience with Install of new software, trouble shooting, granting permissions
- Experience administering Server Operating Systems
- 5 Plus years experience with administration of physical and virtualized servers
- Experience as a Sys Admin with Configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting network related interfaces
- Knowledge on the Execution Security Compliance processes and policies
- Current DHS EOD, Active TS/SCI Clearance
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.