Seeking a wide range of candidates, with all levels of experience, to serve as Systems Administrators for a large Navy support contract. Under close supervision, maintains data files and control procedures for a system of networked computers or for a single group of microcomputers linked to a host workstation, or mainframe. Work will be performed in Norfolk, Virginia
- Assists in maintaining system security and data integrity.
- Monitors use of resources, backs up files as required and responds to management requests for information.
- Under specific direction, monitors and supports computer processing. Coordinates input, output and file media.
- Distributes output and controls computer operation which may be mainframe, mini, or client/server based.
- Aids users in accessing and using business systems.
- Establishes and maintains user accounts, assigning file permissions and establishing password and account policies.
- Installs, upgrades, configures, tests, maintains and supports operating system software in a production environment
- Participates in reviewing performance logs and monitors system performance.
- Troubleshoots and resolves basic level system hardware, software and communications problems and aids in performing configurations and adjustments to enhance database file capacity; performs automated and manual backup and restore processes.
- Installs, configures and tests software packages.
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Performs daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media.
- Performs regular file archival and purge as necessary
- Systems Administration experience -“ various years for various levels. Experience for associate/junior level positions may be earned from work or academic pursuits.
- WINDOWS Admin CE: Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator -“ Windows Server 2008/2016
- Must be able to obtain a favorably-adjusted SSBI or SSBI-PR updated within the past 5 years
- U.S. citizenship (Foreign Nationals must have a CNO-approved waiver)
- Must meet IAT (Information Assurance Technical) Level II certification criteria specified in DoD 8570.01-M
- System Administrators must have a position designation of IT-1, which requires the following in accordance with SECNAVINST M-5510.30 and DODINST 8500.2
- Security + CE & OS Certification Required
- Security Clearance: Secret w SSBI Investigation type
- Familiar with DoD network accreditation processes
- Familiar with DoD Information Assurance (IA) requirements and practices
- Experience (with) to include at least one of the following: Solaris Administration and Oracle Administration
Education and Experience:
- Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent and zero to two years of related experience.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. Join CACI, where you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian clients. A member of the Fortune 1000 Largest Companies and the Russell 2000 Index, CACI provides dynamic careers for approximately 15,000 employees working in over 120 offices worldwide.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities