Under minimal direction, performs as a fully experienced Software Development Expert in design, development, coding, testing, and debugging new software or providing complex enhancements to existing software. Works with technical staff to understand and to develop resolution of software problems. Participates in the development of software user manuals. Assists in the training of less experienced software development staff and may act as a team leader on less complex projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulates and develops detailed specifications, code, documentation and related customer information required to complete program development maintenance activities; prepares program logic flow charts and processing diagrams.
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives for assigned projects.
- Prepares detailed specifications for programs.
- Responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation and for all phases of applications systems analysis and programming.
- As a team lead, instructs, directs and checks the work of other systems analysts and programming personnel.
- Analyzes, codes, tests and documents complex programs.
- Creates and/ or modifies complex programs to meet user requirements. This includes testing program and system changes.
- Analyzes and documents existing application systems to determine processing requirements.
- Identifies and designs applications system alternatives to achieve the needs of the customer's environment.
- Designs and develops client applications for microcomputers; meets with clients to determine program requirements.
- Tests and corrects program errors by altering program steps and sequence.
- Analyzes, reviews, and rewrites programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Provides technical assistance to less experienced application system analyst and programmer staff and clients throughout systems development, modification and implementation.
- Recommends application system design approaches and revisions to streamline programming and operation of the system.
- Identifies problem areas and recommends solutions and standards.
- Provides tier 3 Help Desk Support for supported applications.
- Able to assist other technical teams to recognize, diagnose, and resolve complex problems or potential conflicts between technologies within the HR IT environment
- Has a good understanding of Accessibility (508 compliance) standards for Web Development.
- Has a thorough understanding of ColdFusion, Ajax, JQuery.
- Knowledge of SQL Server 2008 and Oracle 11g Databases is a plus.
- Experience with code version-ing tools such as MKS, Subversion, or Visual Source Safe.
- Writes code to create single-threaded or user interface event driven applications, either stand-alone or those which access servers or services.
- Develops code necessary to complete the assigned project(s) in the specified time frame according to departmental standards and guidelines.
- Writes, modifies, and debugs software for client applications.
- Identifies and reports problems in new and existing software. Recreates reported software problems to facilitate solutions. This includes validating the fix for the software problem.
- Resolves customer complaints with software and responds to suggestions for software modifications or enhancements. Assists in the preparation of internal software design documentation.
- Develops the critical components of the solution, including but not limited to, security, rules infrastructure, custom adapter implementation, and application interfaces.
- Uses source debuggers and visual development environments.
- Architects and codes multi-environment system solutions utilizing various programming languages.
- Profiles, analyzes and optimizes the software he/she is responsible for implementing.
- Employs best practices for design, development, unit testing and test plan development.
- Supports completed software throughout the Software Development Life Cycle and in production.
- Seeks to improve personal job related knowledge and departmental process by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities, and reading professional publications.
- Assists in the training of less experienced software development staff and may act as a team leader on less complex projects.
12-15+ years developing Oracle or PL/SQL
10+ years developing in Cold Fusion on front end
Adobe ColdFusion Certification
MCTS Microsoft .NET Framework Certification
10+ years with SQL Server 2008 Database
10+ years with Oracle 11g Database
10+ years developing in ASP.NET