Company Name: BIT Systems
Make a Difference!
BIT Systems, a CACI Company, is looking for Site Reliability Engineers on the BÅdhi program to focus on the overall reliability of a new, cloud-native data management and visualization system to be used across the Intelligence Community. We need top developers that are highly self-directed and motivated, collaborate respectfully with their teammates, and always keep the user mission first. We have a long track record delivering critical applications on-time and on-schedule. You will be part of a responsive team where communication skills and the ability to solve problems are critical to our success. You can expect to work with highly motivated teammates that will support and push you, and will expect reciprocal action on your part. This environment provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
- Provide support to build, automated test, integration, and deployment of software baselines using DevOps and Continuous Delivery best practices
- Improve performance of complex computer systems by writing code to automate software releases, monitor system health, and detect and fix problems before they become operational issues
- Leverage broad knowledge across Agile Software Engineering disciplines and Cloud Technologies to advise, identify, create, and deliver Infrastructure Services and Architecture that enable the successful migration of applications and services to the Cloud
- Work with a diverse set of contractor and government personnel to track, manage, and resolve technical issues
- Willing to share on-call responsibilities to include coming to work during non-business hours to troubleshoot customer issues
- Establish and maintain a high level of stakeholder intimacy in coordinating all activities, acting as the technical point of contact for operational systems, applying technical expertise to address and resolve any issues in a unique, rapid, and complex operational environment
- Provide lifecycle support, conduct studies, support major reviews and demos, perform cloud, software, and technology evaluations, identify solutions, provide recommendations, and plan activities
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Typically requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 7-9 years of related experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Math, or Engineering preferred
- Experience in software development preferred
- Security+ certification is required within 6 months of start date
Attributes and Skills
- Self-motivated with creativity to tackle hard-to-solve problems
- Ability to work independently and within a distributed team environment
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, problem solving, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Knowledge and experience configuring and customizing commercial and open source software
- Experience conducting rapid trade studies and analysis of competing technologies
- Experience using REST, microservices, containers, and other common architectural styles
- Understanding of 12 Factor Architectures and how applications can transition to the Cloud
- Understanding of agile development practices, including Agile Scrum
- Experience using and deploying virtual machines in cloud environments
- Experience running continuous integration build life cycles focused on automation
- Experience with DevOps concepts including Continuous Delivery, Infrastructure as Code, and Behavior and/or Test Driven Development
- Experience with configuration management processes and tools
- Experience with data management technology including Relational Databases (RDBMS), NoSQL, and Geospatial data indexing
- Experience with identity management, access, and authorization solutions (PKI, LDAP)
- Experience with security accreditation
- Knowledge of Intelligence Community (IC) processes, policies and guidance
- Strong grasp of Linux operating systems in virtual environments such as Amazon Web Services
- Experience with build automation using Maven and code quality inspection using SonarQube
- Hands-on experience with Jenkins continuous integration and automated test tools, e.g. Selenium and Jasmine
- Configuration management using Git, Puppet, Chef
- Platform and PaaS experience, e.g. Cloud Foundry, OpenShift, Docker
- Experience with open source products such as Elasticsearch, Zookeeper, Kafka, ELK, Redis
- Experience working with database servers, e.g. Postgres, Oracle, Sybase, MongoDB, Accumulo
- Use of Atlassian agile management tools, e.g. JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket
- Use of scripting languages, e.g. bash, Python, Pearl
- TS/SCI Clearance with current SSBI or US Citizen clearable to TS/SCI with CI Poly
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.
BIT Systems Inc. is a CACI company. The commitment of our employees to "Engineering Results" is the catalyst that has propelled BITS to becoming a leader in software development, R&D, sensor development and signal processing. Our engineering teams are highly adept at solving complex problems with the application of leading-edge technology solutions, empowering decision-makers to make better mission-critical decisions.
We are looking for talented IT/Engineer professionals that are excited about the dynamic intelligence community space and using the latest technologies available to create truly rich user experiences. This is your opportunity to work with a highly talented engineering team that builds technology that bridges software and intelligence community needs. Our client engagement processes, the way we collaborate, operate, and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose us, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Not to mention BITS benefits are quite unique. Basically, BITS benefits equate to 50% of salary on TOP of your base salary. The first part is a taxˆ’qualified profit sharing retirement plan to which BITS annually contributes up to 25% of your base salary (not in excess of applicable IRS limits) to your retirement account under the plan. The second part consists of BITS' Individual Benefit Account Plan (the IBA), which is used for premiums, medical reimbursements, dependent care, education and BITS' Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy. Both components of the BITS benefit package are paid for by BITS in addition to your base salary and potential performance bonuses. View more on benefits: http://www.caci.com/bit-systems/benefits.shtml
We believe in healthy home/ work balance; both our locations offer a wide variety of activities to balance with your work life. Check us out at: http://www.caci.com/bit-systems/.