CACI is seeking a Network Security Engineer at our USAFCENT NOSC task at the Shaw Air Force Base, SC location.
In this role, you will:
- Troubleshoot and develop solutions for anomalies both remotely and locally for security devices to include but not limited to Redhat Linux, FirePower, Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), Fidelis Network, and ArcSight Logging solutions.
- Analyze network and endpoint reports and logs to create useful metrics to identify where Enterprise network security can be improved. Engineer solutions and implement improvements to counter the identified anomalies.
- Develop reports to create trend analysis documentation on bandwidth and network security incidents to brief recommendation to senior staff.
- Operate security devices remotely and locally via Windows/Linux command line and GUI interface when applicable.
- Use strong interpersonal skills and sufficient mastery of the IT profession to act as a training representative for both contractors and government personnel to include Redhat Linux, FirePower, Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), Fidelis Network, ArcSight ESM, ArcSight Logger, HBSS, report analysis, and hardware/software troubleshooting disciplines.
- Utilize data at hand to make expert decisions and recommendations on how to resolve, improve, or prevent security device outages/problems/issues.
- Direct, organize, and utilize crisis management techniques during outages and in high-pressure environments.
- Use mastery of Linux administration/scripting to create custom solutions for task specific requirements.
- Assist engineering of new Enterprise security solutions and device implementations.
- Research, document, and track to resolution all outages, trouble calls, and network intrusions. Utilize the network and endpoint toolsets to accurately analyze and report on the overall health of local and deployed IT security solutions. Recommend appropriate changes/resolutions in response to the trends analysis. Provide On-the-job training to local help desk personnel and engineers on firewall components and solutions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor's degree in or equivalent and five to seven years of related experience.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.
- IAT II Certs (Such as any of the following: Security + CE Version, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP) or higher
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance - must be US Citizen
- MCSA Windows or Server Infrastructure (or obtain within 6 months -“should have passed at least one of the three MCP exams needed for MCSA)
- Unix (Linux +)
- ITIL Foundations verion3
- USAF / DoD experience in Information Assurance / Cyber Operations / Network Security
*Ability to deploy to Southwest Asian Theater -2 month period of time, once every 2 years.
US-Shaw Air Force Base-SC-COLUMBIA