Under general direction, function as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) Lead for UH-60L/M/V maintenance topics, especially with regards to wiring bundles, connectors, and harness removal, documentation, modification, and installation, consults with professional engineering or scientific personnel on the objectives or parameters of assigned technical support project. Selects the design, methods, material and equipment required. Plans the methods and procedures required for fabrication, assembling, installing and testing a variety of experimental components, materials, apparatus and equipment. Plans and organizes components, apparatus, and equipment for adherence to engineering documentation and direction, project objectives and compliance. May provide leadership for lower level employees.
Applies electrical theory and related knowledge to test and modifies developmental or operational electrical machinery and electrical control equipment and circuitry in industrial or commercial plants and laboratories. Assembles and tests experimental motor-control devices, switch panels, transformers, generator windings, solenoids, and other electrical equipment and components according to engineering data and knowledge of electrical principles. Modifies electrical prototypes to correct functional deviations under direction of electrical engineer. Diagnoses cause of electrical or mechanical malfunction or failure of operational equipment and performs preventative and corrective maintenance. Develops wiring diagrams, layout drawings, and engineering specifications for system or equipment modifications or expansion, and directs personnel performing routine installation and maintenance duties. Plans, directs, and records periodic electrical testing, and may recommend or initiate modification or replacement of equipment, designs or methods which fails to meet acceptable operating standards. May recommend alternative designs, method, materials, and equipment as needed. May provide leadership for lower level employees as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires high school diploma or equivalent, and five to six years of related experience. Technical training equivalent to an Associate's degree preferred.
REQUIREMENTS - Specific to UH-60L/M/V Rotary Wing Aircraft
- Knowledge of design techniques, principles, tools and instruments involved in the production and use of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Knowledge of aircraft sub-systems, including maintenance operating parameters, systems operations limitations, and technical orders
- Ten (10) or more year's aircraft mechanic experience with a minimum of five (5) years as a licensed Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) mechanic on rotary wing aircraft (UH-60 L/M) or equivalent aircraft is required.
REQUIREMENTS - General
- Substantial experience in the inspection, testing, repair, maintenance, and service of UH-60 L/M/V aircraft.
- Substantial experience in the disassembly, inspection of components for wear or other defects, and re-assembly of wiring harnesses and mechanical components and systems.
- Substantial experience with the modification of aircraft structures, systems, or components, following drawings, engineering orders and technical publications.
- Proven ability to read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Proficiency with the assembly and installation of electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hydraulic, and structural components and accessories, using hand tools and power tools.
- Proven ability to adjust, align, and calibrate aircraft systems, using hand tools, gauges, and test equipment.
- Full-time experience in aviation maintenance within the past 12 months.
- CMF 15 Aviation MOS series or other Military / Commercial equivalent
- Current DoD SECRET security clearance or the ability to obtain one.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A valid driver's license.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.
US-Wall-NJ-NEW JERSEY METRO