Under general supervision, follows general instructions with discretion as to work details. Develops complete major layout and engineering drawings of complicated components and assemblies such as schematics, interconnect lists, parts breakdown, printed circuit board layouts, wire lists, etc. , from notes, rough sketches, or general instructions of engineers and designers. Makes mathematical calculations as required. May provide work leadership to lower level drafters.
Develops complete major layout and engineering drawings of complicated components and assemblies such as schematics, interconnect lists, parts breakdown, printed circuit board layouts, wire lists, etc. , from notes, rough sketches, or general instructions of engineers and designers. Confers with research and other engineering staff and prepares design modifications as required. Reviews engineering drawing and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards. Changes work product to meet altered engineering requirements and advise manufacturer/client (drawings, specifications, manufacturing procedures). Makes and verifies arithmetic computations using standard formulas. Determines scaling, inserts necessary reference planes, centering and dimension lines, hidden line interpolations and sectioning. Reviews dimensions, materials and quantities specified in completed work of other drafters for accuracy and completeness. Independently resolves a majority of the problems encountered and provides guidance and leadership to lower level drafters. May direct and lead the work of others. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. May use special techniques in schematic drawing, isometric, orthographic, perspective projection or other techniques of technical illustration. Contributes design modifications to improve quality of product or manufacturing operation.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires a bachelor's degree and zero to two of drafting experience. Experience in the high technology industry with emphasis on electro-mechanical drawing is preferred. Advanced drafting training, equivalent to two years of technical school preferred.
- Lead a team responsible for creating 2D drawings including cable assembly layouts, schematics, wiring diagrams, wire lists, and parts lists
- Select appropriate components (interconnects and wire) based on customer interface, specifications and regulatory requirements
- Responsible for change and manipulation of cable assemblies from CFA and customer's CAD models.
- Good understanding of CFA's production capabilities and data requirements.
- Ability to communicate professionally with customer personnel
- Process change documentation and drawing updates when necessary to provide resolutions to design changes, drawing corrections and enhancements
- Provide support to Mechanical and Electrical engineers for cable assembly designs.
- Full understanding of drafting standards and usage
- Substantial knowledge of US Army UH60 A/L/M/V Publications.
- Knowledge of MIL-STDs 40051B, 40051C and 40051-1C.
- Proven proficiency with AutoCAD, Catia(V4/V5), Pro Engineer (Wildfire/CREO), and/or SolidWorks
- Proven ability to oversee multiple projects of varied size and scope
Requirements - Specific to Aerospace Electrical Computer Aided Design and Drafting
- Minimum of 7 years of aircraft/aviation/ aerospace drafting experience, preferably electrical
- Broad knowledge of government aerospace requirements and general design requirements for aircraft wiring
- Thorough understanding of components, processes, equipment, standards and terminology used in Aerospace cable assembly design
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Effectively communicate with all levels of personnel and customers
- Proven ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks in a high pace and responsive environment.
- Excellent personal computing skills, particularly Microsoft Office
- Able to read and interpret requirement documentation from a wide variety of sources
Requirements - General
- Current DoD SECRET security clearance or the ability to obtain one.
- Associate Degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent, or three to five years of experience in a similar position.
- A minimum of 2 years as a lead in an aerospace cable assembly design environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A valid driver's license.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.
US-Wall-NJ-NEW JERSEY METRO