As an emerging expert, defines and develops quality standards for receiving, in-process, and final inspection in accordance with company and contractual requirements. Interfaces with customers, vendors, and various company departments to resolve quality problems and provide information. Provides management with feedback on inspection and test trends, returns, and vendor performance. Provides work leadership to lower level employees.
Applies expert level test methodology, engineering and product knowledge in the design of tests and testing strategies for the analysis and qualification of products. Defines and tracks quality assurance metrics such as defect densities and open defect counts. Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality assurance activities. Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and provides recommended process improvements to management. Prepares reports to communicate involvement and results of quality assurance activities. Prepares and presents technical and program information to team members and management. Creates and manages multiple test environments for testing system functionality, system scalability and system deployment. Performs inspections and sets quality assurance testing models for analysis of raw materials, materials in process, and finished products. Writes and/or reviews technical and performance specifications, quality levels, sampling plans, and inspections procedures. Reviews receiving inspections of materials, supplies, and equipment made by company, vendors or customers. Reviews certificates of compliance or test reports to determine validity. Analyzes commodity test data and writes evaluation reports. Investigates complaints of non-conforming commodities and arranges for replacement or credit, when applicable. Approves independent testing facilities when necessary. Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service. Provides leadership to lower level employees and provides team leadership for audits.
- Develop and establish quality assurance processes.
- Review and audit processes to improve efficiencies and accountability.
- Develop metrics to measure performance and analyze for areas of improvement.
- QC technical documentation, drawings, and artifact deliverables.
- Review and approve engineering drawings and supporting documentation for manufacturability, accuracy, and inspection.
- Interface between client organizations and technical teams.
- Audit aircraft equipment.
- Support IPT and IPRC reviews and meetings
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial engineering, or equivalent field and 5+ years of Aviation related experience.
- Excellent communications skills to interface with customers and peers.
- Experience and solid foundation in ISO, AS9100, or similar quality management systems.
- Experience and solid foundation of configuration management (CM) practices.
- Current DoD Secret clearance or eligibility to obtain.
- Proficient knowledge of computer systems and CAD software packages.
- Knowledgeable on aircraft structures and wiring, preferably UH60L/M/V
- Working knowledge of FAA FARs.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.
US-Wall-NJ-NEW JERSEY METRO