The Senior Database ETL Administrator within the CACI Data Analytics Lab is responsible for providing senior level back-end support for cases within the lab. This includes managing the design, modeling, and implementation of a variety of databases and applications. Working with and leading team members to perform systems and database maintenance are key components of the work to include patching, security provisioning, performance optimization, monitoring, and suggesting improvements.
The Senior Database ETL Administrator will support analytics and Business Intelligence development, and will focus on databases and systems needed in the analysis of mission critical data. The Senior Database ETL Administrator is responsible for:
- Managing the design, development, implementation, maintenance and optimization of a variety of databases and systems to include designing logical and physical database structures, partitioning of tables, data loading and validation, all aspects of security, monitoring, and performance tuning
- Maintaining database dictionaries, and monitoring standards and procedures
- Providing technical guidance to management, the team, and the customer in regards to implementation of highly advanced technical solutions
- Supporting all dimensions of analysis including data transformations, sourcing, mapping, conversion and loading data
- Collaborate across teams in order to quickly adapt to emerging and dependent technologies
- Continually interact with teams to design and implement innovative solutions that will provide key decision making abilities
- Deliver assignments by established deadlines. Keep management well-informed on a timely basis of progress, status and/or concerns for each assignment
- Develop and maintain standards for implementation, maintenance, and optimization
- Reviews performance and capacity planning reports and makes recommendations to management
- Design, implement, administer, and maintain a variety of highly complex databases (typically Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, or PostgreSQL) and security and access methods.
- Work at OS level on Linux and Windows, writing scripts and configuring storage
- Sources, load, and verify data of various formats
- Administer virtual environments
- Develop and maintain expertise in use of automated tools for database design and implementation
- Embrace and lead technological change and development
- Ensure that documentation is complete and up-to-date
- Develop procedures relating to database and application security including procedures by which access is authorized, enabled, changed and withdrawn
- Propose and implement enhancements that will improve performance and reliability of existing database systems.
- Implement, maintain and test Disaster Recovery methodology for all production databases.
- Perform threshold forecasting, sizing, capacity planning, and trend analysis.
- Performance monitoring and summary table creation.EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and 10 to 12 years of related experience.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.