CACI International, Inc. is seeking a full-time Dev Ops / Database Server Administrator to join our team in Augusta, Georgia. The candidate will work on Fort Gordon, which is located near Augusta and Evans, Georgia. This area boasts a low-cost of living, great schools, beautiful weather, and multiple outdoor activities. Additionally, Augusta is Georgia's second oldest and second largest city and hosts the annual Masters Golf Tournament.
The primary responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, building, automating and evolving the software, infrastructure, and technologies that our current and future Linux products depend on. This position will also fulfill the needs of a database administrator (DBA) to assist with performance turning and deployment in a multi-site architecture.
When not performing as a DBA, this role will also focus on maintaining and expanding existing Linux infrastructure, automating everything from initial server provisioning to application deployment in both development and production environments.
- Work with development and operations teams and thrive in a primarily Linux DevOps position
- Participate in the design, implementation, and maintenance of the open source databases, including, but not limited to MySQL & PostgreSQL
- Performance research, tuning, testing, and implementation of current MySQL and PostgreSQL baselines
- Assist development team with research and development of future database architecture planning
- Work with the development, Information Assurance (IA), and operational teams to automate manual steps and deployment processes into scripts, programs and other applet-like plug-ins for various monitoring tools
- Maintain engineering documentation
- Utilize standardized Change Management (CM) controls to implement changes in a production environment
- At times, work directly with the IA team for security implementation and documentation requirements
- Work with the development, QA, and Operations team to ensure adequate level of health monitoring for all production systems, including hardware, server components and deployed applications
- Design, implement, and test disaster recovery capability for all business-critical services
- Be able to participate in a rotating on-call duty
- Manage support tickets via Solar-Winds Web Help Desk, BMC Footprints or RemedyRequired:
- Bachelor's Degree and 5- 7 years of related experience
- Extensive experience administering MySQL, PostgrSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, or other Open Source DBMS
- Experience with Geo-Server, Geo Web Cache and Open-Layers
- Unix/Linux administration skills (preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux / CentOS)
- TS/SCI Clearance
- Ability to obtain Security+ within 6 months of being hired preferred already certified.
- Database and Linux performance tuning
- VMware ESXi: able to deploy and manage Linux guest hosts in a virtual environment