The Mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information and Technology (OI&T) is to provide Information Technology solutions that provided benefits and Services to Veterans of the United States. In meeting these goals, OI&T strives to provide high quality, effective, and efficient Information Technology (IT) services and benefits services to those responsible for providing benefits to Veterans. Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) depends on Information Management/Information Technology (IM/IT) systems to meet mission goals. To provide these IM/IT systems OI&T is moving to a Benefits Integration Platform (BIP) to provide a synergy of systems and platforms through reuse of current modernized systems to allow savings and quicker to market systems that can provide better benefit services to the Veterans of the United States. The Veterans Benefits Management System (VBMS) will serve as the basis for BIP. The Benefits Integration Platform (BIP) is an information technology initiative, which provides for the expansion and reuse of Veterans Benefits Management System (VBMS) technology solutions. These solutions can be leveraged by other Programs within the Veterans Administration (VA) to reduce development costs and provide quicker to market solutions in order to better serve our Veterans.
The Development Manager must have experience creating work breakdown structures and development of program schedules and assigning software development team personnel to tasks. Must have experience in the tracking resources and expenditures and in ensuring program success. This position is located in Charleston, South Carolina.
- Bachelor's Degree: computer science, engineering management or other engineering or technical discipline is required.
- 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- US Citizenship and eligibility for a VA Moderate clearance is required for this position.
- 8 years; Prior Experience with VBMS, MBMS, CH33 or other VBA related system is a plus
- Experience operating in an Agile / Scrum development environment is desirable.