The Mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information and Technology (OI&T) is to provide Information Technology solutions that provided benefits and Services to Veterans of the United States. In meeting these goals, OI&T strives to provide high quality, effective, and efficient Information Technology (IT) services and benefits services to those responsible for providing benefits to Veterans. Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) depends on Information Management/Information Technology (IM/IT) systems to meet mission goals. To provide these IM/IT systems OI&T is moving to a Benefits Integration Platform (BIP) to provide a synergy of systems and platforms through reuse of current modernized systems to allow savings and quicker to market systems that can provide better benefit services to the Veterans of the United States. The Veterans Benefits Management System (VBMS) will serve as the basis for BIP. The Benefits Integration Platform (BIP) is an information technology initiative, which provides for the expansion and reuse of Veterans Benefits Management System (VBMS) technology solutions. These solutions can be leveraged by other Programs within the Veterans Administration (VA) to reduce development costs and provide quicker to market solutions in order to better serve our Veterans.
A Senior Cyber Security Specialist has IT experience with Cyber Security Policy and threat mitigation. Must have knowledge and experience in Cyber Security Tools, network topologies, intrusion detection, PKI, and secured networks. Knowledge of implementation and security levels and roles necessary for successful deployment.
- Bachelor's Degree: computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required.
- 10 years; Prior Experience with VBMS, MBMS, CH33 or other VBA related system is a plus
- 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- US Citizenship and eligibility for a VA Moderate clearance is required for this position
- Experience operating in an Agile / Scrum development environment is desirable