POSITION SUMMARY: Under general supervision, performs CI Operations staff officer support duties to include policy, doctrine, foreign intelligence service threat assessments, evaluation of CI Operations concept of operations (CONOPS), vulnerability assessments, and other planning, staffing, and programmatic activities.
- Coordinates and synchronizes a broad range of CI Operations activities to include analysis of those operations.
- Reviews, evaluates, and provides insightful analysis into CI Operations plans and activities in support of Services, Combatant Commands, Agencies, and other special customers.
- Contributes to the development, execution and evaluation of comprehensive operational plans.
- Conducts special collection activities using specialized equipment and techniques.
- Executes effective CI collections and field operations to counter threats to sensitive US technologies, programs, activities and facilities.
- Plans and executes discrete physical observation; conducts counter-surveillance and detection operations; provides unique, cutting-edge biometric collection capability.
- May independently develop initiatives to enhance the analysis and analytical support provided to CI Operational capabilities
- May prepare and deliver briefings to senior leadership regarding CI Operational plans and activities.
- May provide client with a greater understanding of CI Operations policies and methodologies. *HJIA*
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Minimum required qualifications -“
- Education -“ Government CI credentialing course
- Experience -“ Five years' experience with former MOS 18F, 35L, 351L, 97B, 35E, or civilian 1811/0132 badged and credentialed CI Agent or DoD joint service equivalents
- Clearance -“ active Secret (Top Secret preferred)
- Special skills or qualifications -“
- Knowledge of Army/Joint CI procedures, doctrine, and practices
- Deployed experience
- Experience in working with and through interpreters
- Experience with interview and solicitation techniques
- Experience with CI principles and methods
- Experience in developing screening /interviewing/debriefing plans
- Briefing skills
- Experience with the evaluation of information requiring further investigation
- Able to qualify with the M4 rifle and M9 pistol using basic military marksmanship standards
- Able to carry a 60-lb pack in the field and the M4 rifle for self defense
Highly desired qualifications and/or experience -“
- Education -“ Associates Degree
- Knowledge of Dari or Pashto language and Afghan culture