BIT SYSTEMS INC, a CACI Company, is looking to expand our back-end services team for the FADE program. On the FADE program, we believe in empowering the developers to select the optimal technology for the task. Not only does this maximize the benefit to our customers but it also allows developers to work with a vast assortment of diverse technologies, or specialize in a subset of interest. These capabilities currently include: real time streaming and alerting, high-throughput data ingest into RDBMS and NoSQL data stores, batch analytics with MapReduce/Spark, RESTful Web Service development, Entity-relationship modeling via a graph database and Lucene, and Natural Language Processing all available within Amazon Web Services. To ensure we do not stagnate we also host Hackathons, providing each developer with a week to work on anything that piques their interest.
You will be part of a responsive team where communication skills and the ability to solve problems are critical to our success. You can expect to work with highly motivated teammates that will support and push you, and will expect reciprocal action on your part. This environment provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Offices for this opportunity are in Aurora, CO. For those outside of the area, relocation assistance may be considered on a case by case basis.
We believe in a healthy home/work balance; our locations offer a wide variety of activities to balance with your work life. Check us out at http://www.caci.com/bit-systems/.
To see more on our FADE program, visit us at: http://careers.caci.com/page/show/Development_Analysts
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- BIT Systems is looking for Java Software Developers to work in the Aurora, CO area.
- Candidates should be comfortable operating in all phases of the application lifecycle to include systems engineering and requirement analysis, technical design, system integration, implementation, and deployment.
- Use of industry proven design patterns and open source tools is encouraged, along with a dedication to staying educated on current technology trends.
- In this position, you will provide software design and development expertise in support of both new application development tasks and maintenance.
- Developers are expected to have excellent technical acumen and be highly self-directed and motivated.
- You will be part of an agile team where communication skills and the ability to execute within the established development process are paramount to yours and the team's success.EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and two to four years of related work experience.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related major
- Requires 2-4 years of Java, C++ or equivalent development experience
- Experience with RDBMS, preferably Postgres
- Familiarity with Linux environments
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) and OGC WMS/WFS
- Community or Enterprise JBoss
- Key-value Data Stores (i.e. Accumulo, HBase, Cassandra)
- Document-Oriented Data Stores (i.e. Elasticsearch, Solr)
- Graph Databases (i.e. OrientDB, Neo4j)
- Hadoop MapReduce and/or Apache Spark
- Apache Storm
- Familiarity with OSGI
- Amazon Web Services
- Java Instrumentation and Performance Monitoring
BIT Systems Inc. is a CACI company.
The commitment of our employees to "Engineering Results" is the catalyst that has propelled BITS to becoming a leader in software development, R&D, sensor development, and signal processing. Our engineering teams are highly adept at solving complex problems with the application of leading-edge technology solutions, empowering our employees to make better mission-critical decisions. We provide the tools you need to succeed.
Our work environment is mission-focused but relaxed; is professional but casual; and requires individual responsibility within team constructs. We offer an environment where business casual and shorts/flip flops work side by side successfully; we let you be you.
ADDITIONAL BITS INFORMATION:
Not to mention BITS benefits are quite unique. Basically, BITS benefits equate to 50% of salary on TOP of your base salary. The first part is a tax-qualified profit sharing retirement plan to which BITS annually contributes up to 25% of your base salary (not in excess of applicable IRS limits) to your retirement account under the plan. The second part consists of BITS' Individual Benefit Account Plan (the IBA), which is used for premiums, medical reimbursements, dependent care, education and BITS' Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy. Both components of the BITS benefit package are paid for by BITS in addition to your base salary and potential performance bonuses. http://www.caci.com/bit-systems/benefits.shtml