POSITION SUMMARY: With a wide range of knowledge, performs CI Operations staff officer support duties to include policy, doctrine, foreign intelligence service threat assessments, evaluation of CI Operations concept of operations (CONOPS), vulnerability assessments, and other planning, staffing, and programmatic activities.
- Coordinates and synchronizes a broad range of CI Operations activities to include analysis of those operations.
- Reviews, evaluates, and provides insightful analysis into CI Operations plans and activities in support of Services, Combatant Commands, Agencies, and other special customers.
- Contributes to the development, execution and evaluation of comprehensive operational plans.
- Conducts special collection activities using specialized equipment and techniques.
- Executes effective CI collections and field operations to counter threats to sensitive US technologies, programs, activities and facilities.
- Plans and executes discrete physical observation; conducts counter-surveillance and detection operations; provides unique, cutting-edge biometric collection capability.
- May represent the CI Operational capabilities at Joint, Intelligence Community and Inter-Agency meetings as required.
- Independently develops initiatives to enhance the analysis and analytical support provided to CI Operational capabilities.
- Prepares and deliver briefings to senior leadership regarding CI Operational plans and activities.
- Provides client with a greater understanding of CI Operations policies and methodologies.
- May liaise with the IA and the intelligence and law enforcement community. *HJIA*
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Minimum required qualifications -“
- Education -“ Government CI credentialing course
- Experience -“ Eight years' experience with former MOS 18F, 35L, 351L, 97B, 35E, or civilian 1811/0132 badged and credentialed CI Agent or DoD joint service equivalents
- Clearance -“ TS/SCI
- Special skills or qualifications -“
- Knowledge of Army/Joint CI procedures, doctrine, and practices
- Knowledge of basic CI analysis, datamining, and DoD common intelligence systems
- Experience in working with and through interpreters
- Experience with interview and solicitation techniques
- Experience with CI principles and methods
- Experience in developing screening /interviewing/debriefing plans
- Proficient in briefing senior leadership at the O6 level
- Experience with the evaluation of information requiring further investigation
- Deployed experience
- Able to qualify with the M4 rifle and M9 pistol using basic military marksmanship standards
- Able to carry a 60-lb pack in the field and the M4 rifle for self defense
Highly desired qualifications and/or experience -“
- Education -“ Bachelor's Degree
- Knowledge of Dari or Pashto language
- Working knowledge of Afghan culture