Serves as a Program (Deployment) Support Specialist to the Deployment Manager and Analysts. The Deployment Support Specialist provides both on and off-site planning, coordination, management and support for each release of the fielded product. The Deployment Support Specialist is responsible for assisting the Deployment Manager and Analysts with the development and delivery of the Deployment Plan, while ensuring the plan includes all requirements as outline within the IPPS-A Implementation Plan, Lifecycle Sustainment Plan (LCSP) and the Deployment Management Plan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and Leads the fielding of assigned fielding group(s) throughout all phases of deployment
- Provides on-site supervision of cutover process and provides over-shoulder functional and technical support during fielding
- Assists the Deployment Manager with the coordination of and ensuring that all sanctioned communications to all stakeholders have been properly prepared, reviewed, and executed
- Assist the Deployment Manager and Analysts with the creation and maintenance of Deployment Readiness Checklists to support each deployment and implementation activity
- Provide deployment readiness updates and track required metrics
- Provide production and development support for incrementally deployed releases and future release deployments
- Provides support to ensure the program meets all key performance parameters and achieves all established organizational objectives
- Interface with Government and other stakeholder customers and represent CACI in project meetings and on and offsite deployment/training activities
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the business area's Program Management Office.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent and 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- Must be able to travel 50% of the time for extended periods of time both CONUS / OCONUS
- Must have experience with fielding IT systems, programs and/or software
- Must have previous military experience or experience working with Army units and Army HR Programs (eg-¦ SIDPERS, RCAS, MyUnit Pay, eMILPO)
- Must have experience developing and providing briefings to Senior Leaders down to subordinate levels
- Experience in providing training or training support to military units
- Must possess the ability to coordinate, lead and effectively communicate to resolve issues between the program and its customers
- SECRET clearance
- Experience and/or training with PeopleSoft 9.1 or current
- Must have previous military experience or experience working with Army units within the areas of Army Human Resource and/or Pay Operations
- Applied Information Technology Service Management Deployment Experience in large scale IT organization
- Must be familiar with Army Human Resource Operations Field Manual (FM) 1-0 and Financial Management Operations FM 1-06
- Familiar with Army Regulation (AR) 350-1 (Army Training and Leader Development) and Army Doctrine Reference Publication (ADRP) 7-0 -“ Training Units and Developing Leaders
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.