CACI NSS has an immediate opportunity for a Secret cleared Desktop Support Technician at our clients site at Fort Bragg, NC.
Providing tier 2 support to the end user installing/uninstalling software, trouble-shooting software/hardware issues and upgrading computers remotely and locally. When issuing new equipment to a user or recovering old equipment from a user, the technician is required to maintain inventory control paperwork.
- Performs installation and maintenance of desktop/laptop computer systems and associated software and peripheral devices (Fax, printer, phone, and monitors) to include the following:
- Installation of new equipment to fulfill IT requirements for individual users.
- Must be able to install, uninstall and troubleshoot Microsoft and other desktop applications.
- Must be able to install, uninstall and troubleshoot peripheral devices such as direct and network printers, scanners, voice over IP telephones, Blackberry, fax machines, etc.
- Assist customers in the setup and configuration of computer hardware and software
- Perform scheduled hardware and software upgrades.
- Provide remote technical assistance to users through Dameware NT Utilities
- Update operating systems with correct drivers, service packs to include Cisco IP phones.
- Good working knowledge of Active Directory, basic networking and systems administration.
- Must possess excellent customer relation skills and a good working knowledge of military organizations..
- Must be physically fit to carry computer equipment to include desktop computers, monitors, printers, scanners and other peripheral equipment between locations.
- Good working knowledge of mobile computing devices (Blackberry, IPad, PC tablets).
Preferred Education: Associates Degree
Security Clearance: Secret but may need Top Secret/SCI at a later date
Certification Required: Security+ CE and Windows 7 or Windows 10 certification
Minimum/General Experience: 3 years advanced IT experience to include installing/maintaining desktop computer systems and extensive troubleshooting experience with desktop hardware/software.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Dell laptops/desktops.
- Security+ CE certification is required, Microsoft certifications required.
- Good working knowledge of Cisco IP Phones and basic networking.