Senior Exchange Engineer, the Candidate will be expected to: Assist with the design of the organization's technology architecture and implementation of hardware and software infrastructure.
Possess very high level of knowledge of Exchange 2010 or 2013 required. Will serve as SME for the Exchange mail infrastructure group in TEMs and other meetings.
Possess broad system experience and understanding of supporting elements of the architecture, including the OS and relevant networks.
Plan and implement Exchange platform upgrades, and must understand the customer environment to be able to modify standard deployment packages conforming to the unique security architecture in place.
Evaluate the current environment and support creation of a platform roadmap, analyze system performance and recommend corrective and preemptive actions.
Conceptualize, design, and implement solutions to problems reported or discovered, and continuously improve the quality of service provided by the email infrastructure.
Deliver timely and high quality solutions to customer problems and requests focusing on root cause analysis, prevention, and knowledge transfer.
Respond to customer requests to correct or modify malfunctioning applications.
Investigate issues with applications, servers, and storage.
Report to division management the status of issues, corrective action being taken, and the resolution of investigations.
Partner with Premier Technical Account Managers to effectively manage hot-sites including documented action plans and daily status updates for the customer and Microsoft management.
Initiate and participate in triage meetings to share knowledge with other engineers and to efficiently resolve customer problems.
- Exchange Server 2010 or 2013, including experience implementing and troubleshooting Database Availability Groups
- Practical experience troubleshooting Exchange Server and Windows Server performance problems
- Outlook 2010 or 2013
- Ability to work independently with minimal management supervision
- Ability to manage challenging technical issues by setting customer expectations, devising and implementing action plans, and professionally communicating to all parties involved
- PowerShell V2 skills including scripting
- A ctive Directory (architecture, design, disaster recovery, and troubleshooting)
- Debugging skills in the Windows Platform
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent and 10 to 12 years of related experience.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.