CACI is seeking a Network Operations Center Analyst to work in Fairfax, VA.
A qualified candidate will work or have experience in a Network Operations Center, working with customers, carriers and vendors to analyze and resolve network and telecommunications circuit problems.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Utilize industry standard monitoring and troubleshooting tools such as IBM Netcool, HPNA, VitalSuite and Tivoli TNPM to monitor networking equipment, circuits, firewalls and associated network components providing global WAN connectivity.
- Triage and troubleshoot issues as they arise, escalating as necessary to Tier 3.
- Create and accurately update Incident, Problem and Change tickets using industry standard ITSM systems such as BMC Remedy.
- Coordinate the response of several on-call and field organizations to address detected anomalies in the infrastructure.
- Manage the all-important critical client communications process.
- Contribute meaningfully to the incident response processes that governs the team, always looking to restore services as quickly as possible and cut minutes off our response time, improve first call resolution and time-to-resolution metrics.
- Serve as a liaison to users, departments and vendors by providing assistance on all aspects of telecommunications services and systems used throughout the organization.
- Perform and analyze situations that involve performance degradation.
- Open Problem tickets, perform Root Cause analysis and produce Corrective Action Plans.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Seek out new ways to improve tool functionality by following best practices, industry standards and ITSM methodologies.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of how to understand network and security documentation, diagrams and configurations as required (Cisco, Juniper).
- Translate operational requirements into monitoring actions.
- Share exceptional knowledge and operations excellence with colleagues, coach others and contribute to the Knowledge Base KB.
- Participate in activities related to promoting, improving, maintaining and supporting telecommunications services and/or systems.
- Help to ensure that all software tools including network control programs satisfy the communications needs covering both the hardware and software installed.
- Develop or assist in the development of standards for carrier service and equipment.
- Prepare or ensure that appropriate telecommunication documentation exists, including operational instructions and SOPs.
- Assist in all service / system upgrades while being a team player involving telecommunications and networking projects.
- Perform or assists in the analysis in determining business process improvements utilizing the telecommunication systems.
- Provide hands-on assistance involving troubleshooting and diagnostic support for all related systems, equipment failures or service issues.
- May research available and emerging voice, data and video communication technologies to recommend future implementations.
- Work closely with network administrators and other peers on communication and connectivity projects and maintenance.
- Knowledge of current systems to promote beneficial capabilities and leverage use of the systems features.
- Install and test communication equipment.
- Current TS SCI with Polygraph is required.
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of relevant experience (6 years of experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree).
- Experience in Tech Control environment or network operation center experience.
- Experience troubleshooting baseband and satellite circuits.
- Experience with satellite communications, Juniper and Cisco equipment and network management tools such as Remedy, HP Open view, Netcool, or similar tools.
- Knowledge of WAN, LAN, or MAN.
- Candidate must be willing to work shift work as required.
- Juniper Certifications.
- Cisco Certifications (CCNA/CCNP or other).
- ITIL v3 Certification or ITSM experience.
- Security + or related CertificationsEducation & Experience:
This position typically requires bachelor's degree and seven to nine years of related experience but for this position a Bachelor's Degree In IT related subject or higher plus 2-3 years, a Masters with 1 year; an Associates with 4 years, or a high school with 6 years experience is acceptable.