This position, located in Tampa, Florida, supports the Multi National Information Sharing division of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). The MNIS Program Management Office (PMO) is the DoD's sole provider of networks supporting the US and our coalition partners from other nations. At the Tampa location, we build and deploy Mission Enclaves in a Virtualized Data Center (VDC) environment.
- Experience with various virtualization technologies and multi-tenant, private and hybrid cloud environments, Azure, VMware technologies
-- Experience with server OS and storage technologies required; knowledge of replication, distribution, availability, recovery, development, and Linux experience a plus
- Experience with public cloud service providers such as AWS, VMware vCloud, Microsoft O365, Rackspace, and IBM Cloud
- Experience in scripting (BASH, Perl, Ruby, PowerShell, Python, ) and building required automation (using standard technologies such as Puppet, Ansible, Chef) and tools
- Ability to lead and contribute to the development, maintenance, and usage of deployment and task automation (OS, database services, virtual networks, or other platform services)
- Ability to work directly with architects and developers to debug problems and solutions
- Ability to implement cloud infrastructure designs provided by architects
- Three years of related lab management experience.
- Strong written and oral communications and interpersonal skills are essential.
We require an experienced Systems Engineer with detailed skills and knowledge of the Windows Server 2008/2012 environment. The ideal candidate will also have experience with VMWare virtualization and UNIX.
Additional desired experience includes:
1) Active Directory, beyond AD Users and Computers. Sites and Services, Forests and Trusts, Replication.
2) Logon scripts, either batch or VBS
3) Group Policy creation, management and linking
4) DNS and DHCP
5) IIS and web support
6) SQL administration and troubleshooting
1) Dell PowerEdge Servers, Dell PowerEdge Chassis
2) Dell Equallogic PS series storage arrays
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related discipline and a minimum of five to seven years of experience.
Must have a CompTIA Security+ certification prior to starting. Must have an ITIL Version 3 Foundation certification or acquire one within 90 days of starting. The person must also have at least one system/platform certification (e.g. Microsoft or VMWare).
Must have a current SECRET clearance.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required, up to 25%. Travel to Fort Meade, Maryland is to be expected. There may also be travel to other CONUS locations, Hawaii and/or Germany.