As the PRIME contractor we support mission critical software application systems. Diversity of project offerings with many different applications being developed with different types of development work (front-end, middle-tier, back-end, database development, etc.). We have enjoyed serving our customer for over a decade with long-term relationships and project successes. Staff size exceeds 90 members with opportunities for growth in leadership, technical, or customer interfacing roles.
Work is in a fast paced and energetic environment with a focus on serving the mission. This opportunity will support a critical existing application and requires a jack of all trades. A successful candidate must be able to troubleshoot and problem solve issues within a small team to ensure overall mission success.
Key Highlights of Position:
Large client base working on mission critical issues
Integral part of the project and critical to the mission
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads and participates in code and design reviews
- Designs and ensures unit and integration testing is completed to ensure quality
- Reviews and understands customer requirements and specifications
- Develops code necessary to complete the assigned project(s) in the specified time frame according to departmental standards and guidelines
- Identifies and reports problems in new and existing software
- Recreates reported software problems to facilitation solutions
- Writes, modifies and debugs software for client applications
- Serves as the primary technical lead for projects at the enterprise level, analyzing existing application interfaces, schemas, and data needs
- Architects and codes multi-environment system solutions using various programming languages
- Employs best practices for design, development, unit testing and test plan development
- Supports completed software throughout the Software Development Life Cycle and in production
- Seeks to improve personal job related knowledge and departmental process by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in education opportunities, and reading professional publications
Education & Experience:
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and 10 to 12 years of related experience.
- The clearance level required is dependent on the type of clearance supported by our client. (TS/SCI with favorable polygraph)
- Demonstrated experience with Java
- Demonstrated Experience with Oracle Databases (SQL, PL/SQL)
- AWS experience
- Experience writing RESTful web services
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.