Ticom Geomatics, a CACI Company, is looking for talented senior Java, C++ or equivalent software developers to build, enhance, and maintain complex software systems for the US Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) community. The selected candidate will perform a variety of complex engineering tasks including: analysis, design, development, and test for our product areas. The developer will work both individually and as part of a team in our Austin location.
Ticom Geomatics has built its success through focus on the customer mission while maintaining an employee and family oriented culture. We are interested in bringing in strong team members that have the potential to help grow our business and deliver high impact capabilities to our customers.
For those outside of the Austin area, relocation assistance may be considered on a case by case basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
- Design and code new software as well as modify existing code to add features and functionality.
- Debug, maintain and sustain existing software.
- Develop code necessary to complete tasks in the specified time according to standards and guidelines.
- Employ design, development, and testing best practices.
- Profile, analyze, and optimize implemented software.
- Prepare complex engineering analysis of projects and support proposal and planning efforts.
- Collaborate with hardware or software designers/engineers and analysts to develop, analyze, and evaluate hardware, software, and systems.
- Evaluate emerging technologies to determine advantages and disadvantages of potential solutions in virtual, web-based, and desktop applications.
- Ability to instruct, assignment, direct, and monitor the performance of more junior software developers
- Lead and participate in code and design reviews
- Reviews and understands customer requirements and specifications.
- Identifies and reports problems in new and existing software.
- Develops the critical components of the solution, including but not limited to, security, rules infrastructure, and application interfaces.
- Interprets business requirements and implements the necessary technology to fulfill requirements.
- Profiles, analyzes and optimizes the software he/she is responsible for implementing.
- Employs best practices for design, development, unit testing and test plan development.
- Actively participates in the documentation of software requirements, functional design, flowcharts and diagrams.
- Supports completed software throughout the Software Development Life Cycle and in production.
- Seeks to improve personal job related knowledge and departmental process by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities, and reading professional publications.
- Requires senior level Java, C++ or equivalent development experience.
- Willingness to learn and apply the best technology for a given application.
- Solid understanding of software design concepts, patterns, tools and best practices.
- Experience with distributed/asynchronous programming models.
- Ability to make architectural decisions in a highly collaborative environment on issues such as client- and server-side state management, bandwidth usage, and performance.
- Proven delivery of production-grade applications including security, diagnostics, maintainability, scalability, auditing, and complex multi-layer troubleshooting.
- US Citizenship required along with the ability to secure and retain a security clearance.
- Typically requires a Bachelors or equivalent in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering and 10-12 years of experience.
- Experience with AWS (including any AWS Certifications).
- Background in web technologies is highly desired.
- Experience with database programming and cloud technologies.
- Working knowledge of signal processing fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of MATLAB is helpful.
Company Description: Ticom Geomatics (TGI) is a subsidiary of CACI International, Inc in Austin, Texas with ~200 employees. TGI is an industry leader in Interoperable Mission Ready Geolocation and ISR Systems and Services. We develop large scale enterprise ISR systems and QRCs that utilize Time and Frequency Difference of Arrival (T/FDOA) and other techniques for Precision Geolocation. We provide full End-to-End Mission and Life Cycle Support for our products. Our systems leverage commercial, industry, and Government standards for affordable, flexible, and rapid development.