Senior AWS Java Software Developer, Principal
TS/SCI with favorable polygraph
Reston / Chantilly, VA Areas
Project Summary: As the PRIME contractor, CACI directly supports the customer's mission critical software application systems. We provide full software life cycle management services to include new development, O&M and production enhancement activities and our responsibility includes end-to-end development work (front-end, middle-tier, back-end, database development, etc.). We have served our customer for over a decade because of our relentless pursuit of project success and the talented software developers on our team. Our staff size exceeds 90 members with opportunities for growth in leadership, technical, or customer interfacing roles.
Position Summary: We are looking to hire our next -œrock star- software developer. This position allows a successful candidate to make an immediate impact to our existing applications supporting the customer's critical mission. Work is in a fast paced and energetic environment with a focus on serving the mission. This opportunity will support a critical existing application and requires a jack of all trades. A successful candidate must be able to troubleshoot and problem solve issues within a small team to ensure overall mission success.
- Large, rich client relational database warehouse system
- Large client base working on mission critical duties
- High availability, highly used application with near real-time data
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads and drives team members to develop all projects to exceed industry best practices.
- Performs as a project lead with the responsibility for the instruction, assignment, direction, and monitoring of the performance of assigned software developers working on a specific project.
- Leads and participates in code and design reviews.
- Designs and ensures unit and integration testing is completed to ensure quality.
- Reviews and understands customer requirements and specifications.
- Writes increasingly complex code to create single-threaded or user interface event driven applications, either stand-alone or those which access servers or services.
- Develops code necessary to complete the assigned project(s) in the specified time frame according to departmental standards and guidelines. Identifies and reports problems in new and existing software. Recreates reported software problems to facilitate solutions.
- This includes validating the fix for the software problem. Writes, modifies, and debugs software for client applications. Develops the critical components of the solution, including but not limited to, security, rules infrastructure, custom adapter implementation, and application interfaces. Interprets business requirements and implements the necessary technology to fulfill requirements.
- Serves as the primary technical lead for projects at the enterprise level, analyzing existing application interfaces, schemas and data needs.
- Architects and codes multi-environment system solutions utilizing various programming languages.
- Profiles, analyzes and optimizes the software he/she is responsible for implementing.
- Employs best practices for design, development, unit testing and test plan development.
- Actively participates in the documentation of software requirements, functional design, flowcharts and diagrams.
- Supports completed software throughout the Software Development Life Cycle and in production.
- Seeks to improve personal job related knowledge and departmental process by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities, and reading professional publications.
- Uses source debuggers and visual development environments.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and 10 to 12 years of related experience.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance with favorable polygraph
- 2+ years hands-on experience with AWS / C2S
- Java development experience
- SQL programming experience
- Experience writing RESTful web services
- Computer science fundamentals in Object-oriented design
- Computer science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer science fundamentals in algorithm design and problem solving
- AWS certification
- Experience using React.js
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required. FRHP