Electrical Engineer (Signal Processing Engineer) Internship
Internship Opportunity: Are you a problem solver, ready for a challenge this summer? Ticom Geomatics (TGI) is seeking 2018 Summer Interns for Electrical Engineering Internships! TGI is an Austin-based company and recognized industry leader providing Mission-Ready Geolocation and ISR Systems and Services to Government and Industry. Through our Intern program's on the job training, mentorship, you will gain experience with cutting edge technology alongside engineers and computer scientists.
About the Team: Our Collection Systems Division designs and manufactures RF sensors for precision geolocation. This position entails the researching of critical sensor components such as software defined radios (SDRs) and Global Positioning System (GPS) receivers, as well as the design and development of signal processing algorithms for digital communications signals.
Description: This position is for individuals interested in a broad area of digital signal processing. The ideal candidate should have strong academic credentials and experience working in a team environment. The single most important attribute is an inquisitive nature and a strong desire to learn real world applications to compliment your academic experience. Familiarity with hardware (e.g., spectrum analyzer) or software tools (e.g., MATLAB, Xilinx Vivado) should be at a level that is appropriate for your academic level. The internship will be ~11 weeks in the summer of 2018.
- Current status as a Sophomore-Senior
- Minimum of 3.2 GPA
- Must be a US Citizen, as required by US Government Contracts
- Requires 0-2 years of experience and must be pursuing a Bachelors or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering/Signal Processing, Physics, Math, Computer Science, or a related degree
Desired experience in one or more of the following:
- Signal processing experience
- Use of MATLAB or similar tools
- Creating or implementing DSP algorithms
- Developing software in C/C++ or Java
- Shell or scripting experience (Python, Perl, Ruby, bash, ksh, etc)
- Experience in the Linux/Unix environment
- Experience with RF hardware, including software defined radios (SDR) and analog to digital samplers (ADC)
Ticom Geomatics, a CACI company, is an industry leader in Interoperable Mission Ready Geolocation and ISR Systems and Services. Ticom Geomatics develops large scale enterprise ISR systems and QRCs that utilize Time and Frequency Difference of Arrival (T/FDOA) and other techniques for Precision Geolocation. We provide full End-to-End Mission and Life Cycle Support for our products. Our systems leverage commercial, industry, and Government standards for affordable, flexible, and rapid development.