Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs as a System Integrator (SI) Training Specialist for the Integrated Personnel and Pay System -“ Army (IPPS-A) Increment II Program to deliver IPPS-A training and training products. Interacts with the Blue Printing and Demo teams to identify IPPS-A developed roles- fully understanding the functionality and capabilities. Aligns IPPS-A roles to current user organization positions to ensure proper accountability of functionality. Communicates the alignment to the training development team in support of curriculum development. Communicates with user community to understand the impact of IPPS-A to their current job responsibilities by positions. Works closely with the IPPS-A Program Strategic Communications section to properly communicate organizational impacts and synchronize messaging. Develops innovative methods of communicating anticipated IPPS-A functionality to all intended users.
The Training Specialist for this position provides SI expert understanding and experience in applying the full range of PeopleSoft roles and capabilities with an emphasis impacts to organizations. Understands PeopleSoft, UPK and ELM capabilities and communicates impacts to current organization positions based on IPPS-A functionality. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Member of an Organization Impact Assessment Team and reports to the Senior Training Specialist (TRN52).
- Maintains an understanding of and consistently applies industry best practices and standards.
- Maintains an understanding of and complies with DoD and Army training guidance, doctrine, publications, standards, policies and procedures applicable to the IPPS-A Program. Examples include the IPPS-A System Training Plan (STRAP) and IPPS-A Life-Cycle Sustainment Plan (LCSP).
- Represents the program at different levels of organizations- responsible to provide a positive attitude and exude the required confidence for the Command Level Briefings.
- Interacts with the System Integrator Blue Printing Team to ensure a proper understanding of IPPS-A roles, permissions, and provisioning.
- Position requires a willingness to travel.
- Incumbent must continually interact with training developers and the IPPS-A Strategic Communications Section to ensure effective understanding of roles.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent years of experience.
- 5-7 years of related experience.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in Oracle PeopleSoft or like Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) with a good understanding of provisioning, roles, and permissions.
- A good understanding of Army Human Resource organizations and Army HR doctrine.
- Secret clearance.
- Knowledge of the Army Learning Model (ALM), experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Army Personnel Services Delivery Redesign (PSDR).
-Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC) policies, guidance, standards, and procedures for implementation of automated systems training, to include Self-Development Training, Agency NET and Operator NET; experience preferred.
- Experience developing and delivering training in accordance with TRADOC standards.
- Experience in developing a software system under the DODI 5000.2 (Operation of the Defense Acquisition System).
- Experience of an Army military personnel or pay system.
- Experience in Agile software development processes