TICOM GEOMATICS, a CACI Company, delivers information superiority through interoperability of networked solutions for tactical warfighters.
Ticom Geomatics has built its success through focus on the customer mission while maintaining an employee and family oriented culture. We are interested in bringing in strong team members that have the potential to help grow our business and deliver high impact capabilities to our customers.
The prime responsibility of the System Engineer position is to provide Systems Engineering for multi-disciplinary teams that are creating networked Signal Intelligence (SIGINT) and RF geolocation systems in support of the Department of Defense and other Intelligence Community agencies. This position will serve as a recognized Systems Engineering expert supporting full life cycle engineering activities for both domestic and international products/services.
Offices for this opportunity are in Austin, TX. For those outside of the Austin, TX area, relocation assistance may be considered on a case by case basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with hardware and software designers, engineers, and analysts to develop, coordinate, analyze, and evaluate hardware, software, or systems modeling and simulation-based studies; examines ramifications of output, and design interfaces with various design systems
- Performs engineering assignments of an analysis, design or test nature requiring application of complex techniques and procedures
- Prepares complex engineering analysis of projects to include: preliminary design, calculation, life cycle cost and equipment selection; reviews the analysis of less advanced engineers
- Reviews and critiques proposed changes to engineering standards, policies, or details
- Reviews development plans for compliance with adopted engineering standards and good engineering practices
- Develops SDLC products to include technical requirements specifications, system architectural design documents, test plans and reports
- Provides technical approaches that meet project budget and schedule constraints
- Provides coordination of multidisciplinary technical teams to achieve project objectives
- Works closely with program managers and engineering management to ensure alignment of project objectives, product strategy and technical solutions
- Develops technical documents, reports, and presentations for customers
- Supports white paper and proposal development
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
- Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent and 10-12 years of related experience
- Experience with DODI 5000.02 processes and preparation of supporting documentation
- Systems Engineering support experience resulting in the successful development, integration, testing and deployment of a system for one or more customers
- Experience working with multidisciplinary engineering teams of at least 8 individuals
- Experience conducting and documenting analysis of alternatives and trade studies to support evaluation of technical trade-offs and decision making
- Experience using Model-Driven Design and Implementation (MDDI) or other similar methodologies and tools for system documentation for large systems
- Strong knowledge of system engineering fundamentals
- Must be self-motivated with good interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- US Citizenship
- Familiarity with Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) solutions in the military services
- Experience with Navy Fleet systems used to accomplish Signal Intelligence (SIGINT) and Information Operations (IO)
- Knowledge of SSEE Inc F system (Ship's Signal Exploitation Equipment)
- Experience with military project contracts and developing responses to RFPs from an SE perspective
- Experience delivering hardware and/or software system for the military services
- Experience with AWS or other cloud technologies
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and implementing SE processes in an Agile environment
- Strong networking knowledge and experience working with classified networks
- Understanding of the certification and accreditation process for SCI networks
- Understanding of SDLC processes and CDRL deliverables
- Project Management PMP and experience with EVMS
- Experience using No Magic Cameo Enterprise Architecture tool or equivalent
Ticom Geomatics (TGI) is a subsidiary of CACI International, Inc in Austin, Texas with ~200 employees. TGI is an industry leader in Interoperable Mission Ready Geolocation and ISR Systems and Services. We develop large scale enterprise ISR systems and QRCs that utilize Time and Frequency Difference of Arrival (T/FDOA) and other techniques for Precision Geolocation. We provide full End-to-End Mission and Life Cycle Support for our products. Our systems leverage commercial, industry, and Government standards for affordable, flexible, and rapid development.
See more on Ticom Geomatics and our other positions http://careers.caci.com/page/show/TGIJobs