Opportunity to perform analysis and modeling of the Army's information systems and data requirements and capture information in the applicable DODAF views. Interview Data Stewards, Functional Managers, and Project Managers to collection required information and work with customers to complete documentation reviews and incorporate all information into overall architectural planning
Under minimal direction, formulates and defines system scope and objectives. Establishes procedures to solve complex problems regarding system equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and output. Prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Provides guidance to less experienced analyst/programmers.
Meet with stakeholders to gather information and perform analysis of the Army's systems and ongoing data requirements to capture this information in the applicable DODAF views. Conduct reviews of all data artifacts with government stakeholders to ensure accuracy and alignment with the Army's strategic planning. Based on stakeholder feedback adjudicate stakeholder comments, provide satisfactory resolutions and careful and complete document updates. Achieve final base lined documentation and work with architecture teams to incorporate into architecture overall planning documentation. Must work independently and interact with Gov't stakeholders at all levels.
Active Secret clearance
- Experience interacting with system users to translate their requirements into systems, hardware, and software requirements and design. Must have experience with solving system analysis problems (or managing the solution of system analysis problems in the functional area which assigned.)
- 1-2 years' experience with and an understanding of Army Data Management/Strategy is required.
- Understanding of USARMY IT landscape from an enterprise perspective, including Acquisition, Business systems, Testing and Development.
- 3-5 years' experience with Data Modeling using industry-accepted toolsets
- 3-5 Years using the Department of Defense Architecture Framework Version 2 (DoDAF v2) with one or more of the following tools: ERwin, ARIS, SPARCX, Enterprise Architect, Magic Draw, or another comparable tool.
- Specific knowledge of building data views following the DODAF 2.0 DIV-1 and DIV-2.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Overall 7-10 Years information technology or information management experience required. A degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or Technical discipline is required however 3 Additional years of applicable experience may be substituted for the degree
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.
US-Fort Belvoir-VA-VIRGINIA SUBURBAN