The purpose of this position is to serve as a report developer/writer and data specialist for the Information Automation section within DS, Security Technology Operations Division, Overseas Support Branch.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs report/dashboard design, development and implementation using Business Objects 4.2 and Universe Designer IDT.
- Fine tune the Maximo Universe to ensure the relationships between the tables are correct
- Improves performance measurement capabilities within applications through report and code development/implementation
- Collaborates with management organizations to improve data quality and reporting processes within applications
- Assists CMMS Report Team Lead with requirements gathering for reports and Using Web Intelligence or Rich Client platform for report creation
- Pulls reports from Maximo per request from provided customer/requirements
- Develops dashboards with SAP Lumira
- Takes report requirements and display in chart or graphic form for executive management
- Provide calculations (measures) within the Maximo Universe for use in dashboard displays
- Determine which tables are involved (via SQL Developer) to establish that the data used is accurate
- Perform as primary report tester; test reports during all development phases including development, test, pre- and post- deployment stages and check the number with the CMMS front-end application
- Performs test of new business objects releases/patches in order to ensure the new version can be implemented without complication
- May collaborate with teammates to respond to user issues/inquiries
- Bachelors degree and 5 to 7 of experience
- Current Secret security clearance
- Minimum of 3 years of working knowledge and extensive experience in report/dashboard development using SAP Business Objects (version 4.2 preferred) and SAP Design-Studio/Lumira with relational database platform such as Oracle
- Ability to code advanced SQL script statements
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with colleagues and managers throughout DC/C/ST and with contract personnel
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Under minimal direction, performs as a fully experienced Software Developer in design, development, coding, testing, and debugging new software or providing complex enhancements to existing software. Works with technical staff to understand and to develop resolution of software problems. Participates in the development of software user manuals. Assists in the training of less experienced software development staff and may act as a team leader on less complex projects.
Writes code to create single-threaded or user interface event driven applications, either stand-alone or those which access servers or services.
Develops code necessary to complete the assigned project(s) in the specified time
frame according to departmental standards and guidelines.
Writes, modifies, and debugs software for client applications.
Identifies and reports problems in new and existing software. Recreates reported software problems to facilitate solutions. This includes validating the fix for the software problem.
Resolves customer complaints with software and responds to suggestions for software modifications or enhancements. Assists in the preparation of internal software design documentation.
Develops the critical components of the solution, including but not limited to, security, rules infrastructure, custom adapter implementation, and application interfaces.
Uses source debuggers and visual development environments.
Architects and codes multi-environment system solutions utilizing various programming languages.
Profiles, analyzes and optimizes the software he/she is responsible for implementing.
Employs best practices for design, development, unit testing and test plan development.
Supports completed software throughout the Software Development Life Cycle and in production.
Seeks to improve personal job related knowledge and departmental process by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities, and reading professional publications.
Assists in the training of less experienced software development staff and may act as a team leader on less complex projects.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor's degree and five to seven years of related experience.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.