COMPANY: BITS, a CACI Company
BIT Systems is looking for a DSP Electrical Engineer to work at their Dulles, VA office. The position requires a strong background in digital signal processing (DSP) and communication theory. The candidate will lead the design, debug, and test of signal processing algorithms running on a variety of platforms supporting intelligence, defense, and other government missions. Experience with Linux is required.
In CACI's Cyber Capabilities and Development Division (C2D2), there isn't a day that goes by where you won't be challenged and have the opportunity to grow in an environment of innovation and fun! Although CACI is a mid- to large-sized company, C2D2 operates like an independent small agile business, developing and executing on both long-term projects, as well as, Quick Reaction Capability development, rapid acquisition, and short-term deliverables. We approach our Customers as mission partners and focus on mission-oriented capabilities that deliver tip-of-the-spear force.
- Design, develop, integrate and test software to go into our DSP baseline.
- Help define the requirements, CONOPs and architecture for future systems
- Support field testing of the equipment being developed
- Use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent and five to seven years of related experience.
- Digital Signal Processing
-Excellent programming skills in C, C++, and Python
- Linux software development experience
- Thorough understanding of software defined radio systems:
- Receiver architectures
- Software channelization
- Modulation/demodulation techniques
- Spectral analysis
- Error correcting codes
- Working familiarity with radio frequency (RF) systems and test equipment (spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, signal generator, etc.)
- Development of link budgets, range estimates, and system sensitivity assessments
- Exposure to all phases of product development (concept, design, implementation, test, and production)
- X-Midas programming experience is desired
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent and five to seven years of related work experience.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.