Stewardship of all Citrix technologies and services. This involves the ability to design, implement and clearly document the lifecycle. This person will act as a technical lead for implementation of new projects and ensures optimal server configurations. The Citrix Admin will creates optimal server infrastructure in support of new applications by researching and recommending hardware / software technologies in support of application requirements.
- Provides effective support by researching / analyzing issues / requests to determine server (hardware and software) / application related implications, effectively communicating with all impacted parties and by troubleshooting and resolving issues with a sense of urgency to minimize any system downtime
- Develops monitoring and reporting that clearly defines performance and capacity metrics which enable management to make clear decisions based on defined measurements that are fact-based
- Ensures optimal performance of all Citrix infrastructure and delivery servers by proactively conducting ongoing performance monitoring and by tuning / adjusting as necessary
- Enhances functionality of systems by developing and modifying scripts to automate system processes
- Effectively maintains all Citrix systems by performing maintenance patching and application upgrades (including operating system and various applications) as needed
- Provides support to application developers / programmers by providing technical knowledge and guidance
- Ensures server security integrity by reviewing and implementing server policies within the system
- Minimum 5 years engineering experience
- Minimum 5 years' experience with Citrix products XenApp, XenDesktop, XenServer, NetScaler
- Hands on experience with Server or Desktop virtualization
- Active Top Secret clearance
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and 5-7 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of, and hands on experience designing and deploying Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop environments
- Knowledge of, and hands on experience designing and deploying application packaging, streaming and deployment into XenApp, XenDesktop or traditional desktop space adhering to standard release processes
- Knowledge of, and hands on experience deploying and supporting Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2012 operating systems
- Knowledge of Citrix specific areas of Active Directory and Group Policy structure
- Familiarity with the implementation of ITIL Framework.
- Knowledge and understanding of integrating systems into the current network environment
- Familiarity with diagnostic and administrative tools
- Working knowledge of project management processes and procedures
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to analyze possible solutions using standard procedures
- Effective communication/interpersonal skills
- Effective customer service skills
- Able to solve a wide range of problems and analyze/assess possible solutions using standard procedures.
- Able to respond to non-standard requests from internal and/or external customers and investigate to identify possible solutions
- Citrix Certification preferred
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.
US-Pocatello-ID-SALT LAKE CITY