Under minimal direction, formulates and defines systems scope and objectives through user needs and an understanding of business systems and customer requirements. Creates and maintains integrated master schedules to support planning and tracking of business activities. Provides schedule status and metrics for presentation to management.
Performs at an advanced technical level on all phases of analyzing business and user needs, documenting requirements, and creating and maintaining project schedules. Interviews personnel from functional user areas under study to learn general purpose of systems and information requirements of positions involved in the data flow. Analyzes contract resources, including funding, personnel, and unfunded requirements. Analyzes business and user needs, documents requirements, and revises schedules and resource allocation as necessary.
Assists in the preparation of program planning and control documentation (IMS, WBS, WBS Dictionary, OBS, RAM), plans for the management and utilization of program resources; supports the planning, organizing, staffing, directing and controlling functions of management; supports the development and maintenance of program schedules and tracking of tasks / action items.
Responsible for developing, maintaining operational schedules and provide resource management support for risk reduction activities to include:
- Monitoring program execution, identifying deviations from the project baseline, isolating causes of performance problems, and offering recommendations for returning to the plan
- Assisting in providing schedule management support, development of operations documentation and reporting format functions
- Providing timelines, work breakdown schedules and schedule performance reports
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and five to seven years of related experience.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of program scheduling and status reporting
- Must be an expert in the use of Microsoft Project
- Knowledge of Program Planning and Control ((PP&C) concepts (e.g., WBS, performance measurement baseline, change control, program reporting, earned value management, resource planning)
- A minimum of five (5) years of program planning and control experience
- Basic knowledge of System Development Life Cycle and/or principles of DoD acquisition management
- Ability to work as a team member in a diverse group; ability to deal effectively with both Government and contracted workforce members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office tools
- Attention to detail and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Certification as either PMP or CAPM through the Project Management Institute
- Experience with and/or knowledge of CMMI and/or ISO 20000 process management
- ITIL Version 3 Foundation certification is required or the ability to obtain within 90 days from start date.
- Experience in creating and updating Databases using Microsoft Access
- Familiarity with SharePoint or other online collaboration tools
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent roles
- Ability to correlate multiple information sources to ensure quality and completeness
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for prolonged periods and to communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.