Provides intelligence support for operations, battle staff and operational-level planning, joint and multi-lateral training exercises, and strategic engagement policy throughout the Areas of Operational Responsibility (AOR) and Areas of Interest (AOI).
The Special Operations Command North (SOCNORTH) J2 All Source Intelligence Analyst position at the Custom's and Border Protection National Targeting Center -“ Passenger (CBP NTC-P) in Chantilly, VA serves as the analytical focal point between SOCNORTH and CBP NTC-P, with regard to DoD layered intelligence to support CBP in analyzing Special Interest Aliens (SIA) and counterterrorism (CT) threats. Analyst is responsible for intelligence analysis, synchronization and coordination across SOCNORTH's Joint Intelligence Support Element (JISE), keeping SOCNORTH's Priority Intelligence Requirements at the forefront at all times. Primary focus will be to analyze data as it pertains to SIAs and the use of potential illicit pathways and CT threats, within the USNORTHCOM AOR; responsible for managing information analysis from all sources and intelligence disciplines into finished analytical products in support of SOCNORTH, NORTHCOM and SOCOM.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent and seven to nine years of related experience. Must maintain active/current TS/SCI clearances.
· Government trained intelligence analysts with a minimum of 8 years of intelligence analysis and targeting experience.
· Background in Special Operations counter-terrorism, counter insurgency, or counter IED analysis and experience as an intelligence or targeting analyst in Afghanistan is preferred.
· Customs Border patrol (CBP) experience, as an All Source Analyst, supporting counter-terrorism threat analysis, synchronization and coordination preferred.
· Understand the intelligence requirements for both lethal and non-lethal targeting.
· Knowledge of the Intelligence Cycle, Collection Management Cycle, Targeting Cycle and intelligence analytic techniques including trend and pattern analysis, geospatial analysis, link analysis and network or social network analysis. The Contractor shall be experienced with various data processing systems and intelligence toolsets.
· Working knowledge of i2 Analyst Notebook, Proton, Data Xplorer, Voltron, NGT, WebTAS, ArcGIS, Axis Pro, Palantir, WEAT, and SOFEX.
· Be proficient at using basic computer applications and intelligence related automation to support analytical efforts and product development; possess strong research, writing and editing skills; and be capable of managing teams of analysts in support of tactical, strategic and special operations forces conducting counter insurgent/IED targeting
· MOS 31D, 311D, 35F, 350F, 35D, 18F, 180A, or DoD joint service equivalent, or civilian 0132, 1811
· Bachelor's Degree; may substitute 4 years experience for education requirement (if substituting, must have 12 years experience)
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face-to-face. Some travel may be required. May spend a lot of time standing due to laboratory conditions.
US-New York-NY-NEW YORK CITY