CACI is looking for an experienced and proven Lead Systems Engineer to design and develop an open and flexible architecture, along with accompanying mission applications, from concept to production. The Lead Systems Engineer will build and manage an agile development team based primarily in Charlottesville, VA. The position will require identifying and hiring additional technical talent to meet the customer's requirements. The Lead Systems Engineer will be responsible for identifying and proposing the appropriate technologies for the architecture after a period of through analysis.
- Design, develop, and implement Web-enabled applications using a variety of technologies
- Research, Design and develop complex enterprise-level web applications built on relational databases
- Produce Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF) design artifacts
- Transform complex customer requirements into working, maintainable solutions
- Utilize third-party software development kits and API's to rapidly develop basic application solutions
- Monitor application servers and rapidly troubleshoot and fix performance or functionality issues that arise
- Adapt off-the-shelf solutions to meet government customer needs and requirements
- Work in a collaborative agile team environment
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent; and10+ years of related work experience.
- DAWIA level 2 or equivalent in the systems planning, research, development and engineering (SPRDE)-S&T functional area
- Minimum of 3 years of DoD test and evaluation SPRDE-S&T manager or systems engineering, program management or contracting experience
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong customer service skills and customer relationship management experience
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodology, processes, and techniques
- Prepare and present preliminary and critical designs to customers and stakeholders
- Experience with DoDAF and the ability to create the appropriate artifacts
- Thorough knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience with simple Database Administration techniques a plus
- Hands-on experience utilizing and configuring IIS 6.0 and 7.0 as an application server for delivering web application solutions.
- Ability to learn at a fast pace and be able to rapidly learn and leverage third-party tools, SDKs, and APIs
- Excellent organization, communication and writing skills, and have the ability to express yourself in technical discussion via strategy, implementation and design of application environments
- Excellent teamwork and collaborative skills, with the ability to lead and manage the effort of others when necessary
- U.S. Citizen with active TS/SCI with CI Polygraph
- Familiarity with some or all of the following: JIRA, Subversion, USG IA development and security standards.
- Successful candidate will be imaginative, responsive and be able to communicate well with users.