Qualified candidate will work in our Network Provisioning team supporting implementing changes to the customer network. He/She will perform device configurations, circuit acceptance testing, hardware and software upgrades. He/she will add, modify and remove services within the production network, while controlling the risk of failure and disruption. He/she will act as the primary interface between engineering and operations, maintain the approved network configuration standard, minimize risk during provisioning changes, and provide accurate reliable documentation of all network services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot, design, diagnose, and resolve outages and other problems encountered during daily operation of Cisco and Juniper routers, Cisco switches, Juniper firewalls, and out-of-band modems.
- Administer configuration changes to Juniper and Cisco routers, Cisco switches, and Juniper firewalls.
- Perform documentation, verification and implementation of changes on a live production network.
- Situational troubleshooting potentially requires the analysis of many network devices and data points.
- The role also requires regular interaction with a number of standard and proprietary tools, which include communication, alerting documentation, automation and scripts.
- Candidate must be have a TS/SCI with Poly
- 4-6 years of configurational network experience in a command-line oriented environment, working with LAN/WAN infrastructure and administration.
- Understanding of the OSI model, with a focus on layer 1 through 3.
- Understanding and working knowledge of network infrastructure including cabling, switching, routing, firewall functionality and services.
- Understanding of routing protocols and the ability to troubleshoot routing issues, specifically MPLS, BGP and OSPF.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve network outages and other network problem reports in urgent situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in support of an enterprise network operation, in the English language.
- Ability to be self-motivated with a desire to contribute to a team environment.
- Circuit testing experience using Ixia Chariot or EXFO equipment.
- 6+ years functional network experience in a command-line oriented environment.
- CISCO CCNA or CCNP certification.
- Juniper JNCIS or JNCIP certification.
Education and Experience:
This position typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and 10 to 12 years of related (telecommunication analysis) experience, but for t his position a Bachelor's Degree In IT related subject or higher plus 2-3 years, Masters with 1 year; or an Associates with 4 years is acceptable.
- Normal demands associated with an office environment.
- Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face.