The GEOINT Services - FADE team is looking to hire a Full Stack Software Developer for our work with the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA).
You will be part of a responsive team where communication skills and the ability to solve problems are critical to our success. You can expect to work with highly motivated teammates that will support and push you, and will expect reciprocal action on your part. This environment provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose us, and make delivering meaningful, innovative solutions part of your extraordinary career.
- Provide service design and development expertise in support of new application development and maintenance
- Use industry proven design patterns and open source tools, staying educated on current technology trends
- Support the entire product lifecycle to include systems engineering and requirement analysis, technical design, system integration, implementation and deployment
- Translate customer needs into working software
- Identify, mitigate, and resolve technical risks and issues
- Use test driven and iterative development methodologies
- Participate in a responsive team where communication skills and the ability to solve problems are critical to our success
- Brief status and provide software demonstrations to government and community stakeholders
- Translate customer and user needs into project requirements
Attributes and Skills:
- Excellent technical acumen and self-motivated with creativity to tackle hard-to-solve problems
- Ability to work independently and within a distributed team environment
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, problem solving, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Comfortable working with a diverse set of contractors and customer personnel
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with both Object Oriented and Functional Programming approaches
- Experience with Web services and service-based development
- Experience conducting rapid trade studies and analysis of competing technologies
- Understanding of 12 Factor Architectures and how applications can transition to the Cloud
- Understanding of agile development practices, including Agile Scrum
- Experience with configuration management processes and tools
- Understanding of identity management, access, and authorization solutions (PKI, LDAP)
- Knowledge of Intelligence Community (IC) processes, policies and guidance
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, open and unclassified office work environmentEDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and seven to nine years of related work experience.
Desired Technology Expertise:
- Experience with RDBMS databases such as Oracle, MySQL, or Postgres
- Experience with open source indexing technologies, e.g. Elasticsearch, SolR
- Experience with a Container Platform such as Docker or OpenShift
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases like MongoDB or Cassandra
- Familiarity with a Cloud Application Platform such as Heroku or Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Understanding and use of public specifications such as OGC and W3C
- Experience with Git source code configuration management
- Hands-on experience with Jenkins continuous integration and automated test tools, e.g. Selenium and JUnit
- Strong understanding of Linux operating systems in virtual environments such as Amazon Web Services
BIT Systems Inc. is a CACI company.
The commitment of our employees to "Engineering Results" is the catalyst that has propelled BITS to becoming a leader in software development, R&D, sensor development, and signal processing. Our engineering teams are highly adept at solving complex problems with the application of leading-edge technology solutions, empowering our employees to make better mission-critical decisions. We provide the tools you need to succeed.
Our work environment is mission-focused but relaxed; is professional but casual; and requires individual responsibility within team constructs. We offer an environment where business casual and shorts/flip flops work side by side successfully; we let you be you.
ADDITIONAL BITS INFORMATION:
Not to mention BITS benefits are quite unique. Basically, BITS benefits equate to 50% of salary on TOP of your base salary. The first part is a tax-qualified profit sharing retirement plan to which BITS annually contributes up to 25% of your base salary (not in excess of applicable IRS limits) to your retirement account under the plan. The second part consists of BITS' Individual Benefit Account Plan (the IBA), which is used for premiums, medical reimbursements, dependent care, education and BITS' Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy. Both components of the BITS benefit package are paid for by BITS in addition to your base salary and potential performance bonuses. http://www.caci.com/bit-systems/benefits.shtml