Summary: The Software Defined Radio (SDR) FPGA Principal Engineer is responsible for the architecture and development of programmable logic functions utilizing FPGA devices. Designs include signal processing algorithms to support software defined radio functionality, data communication with peripheral devices, and other capabilities as required. The SDR FPGA Engineer will work closely with hardware engineers, software engineers, and algorithm developers to define system specifications and architectures, to document detailed designs, and to implement, troubleshoot, and verify designs.
Offices for this opportunity are in Austin, TX. For those outside of the Austin area, relocation assistance may be considered on a case by case basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Architect and implement FPGA solutions for wideband signal collection and processing systems
- Develop Architectural approaches to enable future adaptation of FPGA signal processing solutions to new signal types
- Reverse engineer existing RF signal processing solutions
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
-Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent and ten to twelve years of related experience. A master's degree and seven to nine years of related experience will also be considered.
- Recent experience with design and implementation of software defined radio capabilities for FPGAs (e.g., DDC, Digital Filters, Demodulation, CODEC, FFT)
- Experience with interfacing FPGAs to ARM and x86 GPPs
- Experience interfacing to peripherals using high speed interfaces (e.g., USB, PCIe, SATA,10/40 GbE, Aurora, RapidIO, DDR5, LVDS)
- Experience with Xilinx Series 7 and Ultrascale FPGA families
- Experience with VHDL design entry, constraint, simulation, and synthesis tools (significant experience working with Xilinx Vivado a plus)
- Experience debugging FPGA based systems using test equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, etc.
- Experience with the C and C++ programming languages
- Experience with Matlab filter design
- Ability to evaluate technical trade-offs
- Self-starter with good interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Experience with radio frequency (RF) communications and/or radar systems
- Typically requires a Masters degree in Engineering or equivalent and 7-9 years of related experience
- Active SECRET clearance is required (active TS/SCI highly desired)
- US Citizenship is required
- Prior experience with community SDRs such as Ettus's USRP project
- Experience with analog or digital board design and layout
- Experience developing embedded solutions for ARM and GPU architectures given additional consideration
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success
Ticom Geomatics (TGI) is a subsidiary of CACI International, Inc. in Austin, Texas with ~200 employees. TGI is an industry leader in Interoperable Mission Ready Geolocation and ISR Systems and Services. We develop large scale enterprise ISR systems and QRCs that utilize Time and Frequency Difference of Arrival (T/FDOA) and other techniques for Precision Geolocation. We provide full End-to-End Mission and Life Cycle Support for our products. Our systems leverage commercial, industry, and Government standards for affordable, flexible, and rapid development.