Under minimal supervision, develops marketing plans and manages activities for a specific product or programs. Develops presentations, publications, exhibits advertising, and promotional campaigns to include social media. The employee will work out of home on the West Coast with 20% travel to the OR, SD, WA, ID area.
- Conducts competitive product analysis and market research; evaluates ROI performance; and assists in formulating and reviewing corporate long range goals, and objectives for specific product areas.
- Oversees development and production of marketing materials.
- Provides leadership to the Account team force by coordinating sales and related activities such as advertising, public relations, and strategy implementation to achieve product marketing objectives.
- Recommends program development and/or enhancements of services as a results of customer and/or sales force feedback.
- Assists in the creation of themes and designs for marketing campaigns to include social media.
- Creates or assists in the creation of advertising and promotion concepts for new product literature and/or specialty items.
- Researches and/or recommends purchase of new promotional items and oversees acquisition.
- Assist management in developing yearly Marketing Plans and media calendar.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all promotional materials and events.
- Provides advice and guidance to less experience staff.
- Assist in developing and delivering marketing and advertising training to Army Marketing personnel.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Five to seven years of related work experience
- Strategic account management or project experience in an advertising/marketing environment (preferably for a client with similar size/mission/structure and requirements as Army National Guard) requiring simultaneous management of multiple projects with both short and distant deadlines.
- Experience managing junior account personnel and coordinating work of multiple in-house departments.
- Knowledge of the military (Army) helpful.