Clearance: TS/SCI with poly
FT Meade, MD
Job Description: Software Engineer supporting the Application Messaging Framework (AMF). Responsible for the design, development and testing of enterprise software for use in multiple systems across the Customer enterprise. Candidate should demonstrate a strong background developing enterprise-grade Java applications with experience matching the skills outlined below. Collaborates with technical writers to create customer-relevant documentation. Coordinates with project work teams to ensure adherence to policies, achievement of quality targets and delivery on schedule milestones. Supports program management office in technical role. Represents the organization as a customer contact on contracts or projects. May research the marketing requirements for a product, including target environment, performance criteria, and competitive issues. Interacts with senior customer personnel on significant technical matters, often requiring coordinated activity across organizational lines. Provides advice, guidance and team leadership to less experienced staff.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and five to seven years of related work experience.
Minimum Required Skills/Experience
- TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in computer engineering or in a field related to the computer engineering or computer science disciplines
- 5 years of Software Engineering experience. An additional 4+ years of Software Engineering experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 9 years
- 2+ years experience with Linux
- 2+ years work experience in the SIGINT, IA, or IT domains
- 5 years software testing experience
- 1+ year of experience using automated test tools, such as Selenium
- Ability to work independently to triage issues and prioritize tasks
- Ability to identify and document application defects using reproducible test cases
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and status updates to peers and management
- Experience writing and maintaining comprehensive test plans
- 1+ year of experience testing message-oriented middleware software such as JMS, AMQP, STOMP, or MQTT
- 1+ year of experience using scripting languages to automate system tests in an Enterprise Linux environment
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.