The System Architect shall be responsible for supporting the Analytics Cell's process related to management of its IT infrastructure and Amazon Web Services (AWS). The infrastructure provides an enterprise capability to collect, integrate and organize the audit records of system, application and user activity in support of the client's cyber security mission.
He/she will join our group in providing remote and onsite support for AWS, data integration and architecture, software, servers, firewalls, and desktop software in both a physical and virtual environment. The Candidate should expect to perform a wide variety of IT support ranging from simple desktop and peripheral support to complex server and network issues as dictated by client request and workload. Candidates must also be willing to work directly with all types of clients and internal staff, from technical to the very non-technical, and be ready to act as a mentor to non-Senior level technical staff. Only candidates with recent experience working as the top-level, go-to-technical resource for escalations will be considered. The System Architect will also assist our project team as needs dictate and will spearhead complex client projects on his/her own as needed.
Responsibilities include developing and maintaining the AWS architecture to include servers, storage and access points.
Responsibilities also include maintaining the Microsoft 2012 R2 infrastructure to include Active Directory, Group Policy and associated utility servers like ePolicy and WSUS.
- Familiarity with ArcSight products
- Working knowledge of IT Security
- Thorough understanding of project life cycle milestones and control gates
- Experience with Windows 2008 R2 through 2012 R2 and Red Hat 6.x and 7.x, and AWS
- Ability to understand customer requirements and communicate requirements to management for action
- Ability to develop business and process improvement plans
- Strong problem-solving, leadership, interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills
- Experience with portfolio planning and analysis
- Ability to work at a high level independently, utilizing other resources with good judgement
- Ability to demonstrate high initiative and ownership of issues
- Ability to work at a fast pace and achieve pre-determined goals
- Must have strong leadership skills and a willingness and ability to work through tough situations and solve challenging problems
- 8+ years professional experience in supporting and at least 2 years professional experience acting as the final escalation point for the following:
- Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 and 2012 R2
- McAfee Antivirus software
- Linus (any variety is acceptable)
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Network-related technologies including DNS and SSL
- Virtual platforms including AWS
- Candidate must come already-equipped with a lengthy -œknowledge base- of best practices and problem resolutions for each of the above-mentioned technologies
- Candidate must be able to immediately exhibit the ability to quickly take escalations from less-experience engineers and resolve them swiftly and independently
- Experience with Amazon Web Services architecture, planning, and O&M
- Familiarity with AWS Cloud services including Cloud Formation, EC2, ELB, S3, etc.
- Experience with Red Hat Splunk and Satellite Server
- Experience with server and network device log analysis
- Experience with Red Hat YUM and Microsoft WSUS
- Experience with McAfee ePolicy
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science preferred
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist: Windows 2008/12 or equivalent technical ability and experience
- Knowledge of ArcSight ESM and Logger components is highly desired.
- AWS Certified System Architect Certification
- Training or certifications in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- COMP/TIA Certifications highly desired
- Training or certifications in ArchSight ESM Administrator and Analyst highly desired
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and 12-15 years of related experience.
Candidate must have one of the following:
- 12 Years of job related experience and High School/GED diploma
- 10 Years of job related experience and Associate degree
- 8 Years of job related experience and Bachelor's degree
- 6 Years of job related experience and Master's degree
- 4 Years of job related experience and Doctorate